That female leopard is stunning :-0
Lisbeth wrote:0*\ lol

Nice lion sighting

Bushpig has grown very pretty \O
Thanks PJL and Lisbeth for popping in and commenting \O

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger July 2016

Post by Bushcraft »

Flutterby wrote:Love the male lion with the cubs \O but I'm tired of leopards now! O** 0-

We've never been to the golf club before...sounds like a nice place for a bite to eat! \O
Sorry, but there are more leopard --00--

The golf club isn't that brilliant, but good value for money compared to other spots in KNP :-?

The breakfast isn't cheap though, however it's much cheaper for toasted sarmies and hamburgers (R40 for a burger and chips)

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:I wonder if the Browns are so skinny because it is constant "Mixed Martial Arts" and "Mobile Strike" in the car? =O:

Ja, sorry we forced you to have tea, BC... :O^

So that's where my egg went? @#$

I thoght I gave my Marmite to the RTs? :X:

Also tired of leopard now... :no:
Ja, plenty scraps in our car, but it's part of the Kruger adventure for us =O:

You blocked my nose and forced "tea" down my throat =O: --00--

Your spelling RP :twisted: You gave the Marmite to Albert after she told you that she only eats Bovril and then proceeded to lecture her on the benefits of Marmite O**

I think "tea" in the morning is clouding your memory =O: =O: =O:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Alf wrote:Any meeting at the golf club is a great meeting \O
Ja Alf, it was a cool meet \O
Mel wrote:Okay, I'm convinced... the charm held up! What's the leopard count by now? O**

Sounds like a good time at the breakfast lol The boon with a mild pelican lol
It was a good meet Mel with plenty laughs \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RobertT wrote:
Richprins wrote:
I thoght I gave my Marmite to the RTs? :X:
We don't do marmite, we are bovril people. :X: :X:

BC, you sure do see a lot of cats, I saw you turn off down causeway and nearly turned around to follow, but fought down my fomo and soldiered on unfortunately. O/ O/
Howzit RT \O We are also Bovril people =O:

Ja, we do hunt for the cats and sometimes we are lucky ;-) You will see later in this TT that I also fought my fomo, turned and followed, but couldn't find you =O:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Dewi wrote:Seems I've missed a gazillion posts here. :o0ps:

Still, they were 97% Leopards. lol You sure do have an eye for the spotted ones. ^Q^

I also had a nice breakfast there once upon a time. No RP and the gang though. It was peaceful. ;-)
=O: =O: Sorry for all the cats 0: We do see all the other stuff, but this TT would take a year if I posted it all.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

13th Skukuza to Lower Sabie continued

The was a pride of lion in the riverbed and as luck would have a lioness had decided to cruise towards the road, but the gang was rapidly growing, so we took one last pic and I quickly reversed out of the loop before it became chaotic.

Just before Lower Sabie opposite Sunset Dam we know a spot where the “Mugg and Bean” leopard likes to hang out, so always cause confusion with some visitors who can’t understand why we stop in that spot and not the dam, but we were in luck again as the leopard was in almost the same spot we have seen it on 2 previous trips.

This was our 3rd leopard for the day, so the “RP luck” was proving true again, therefore my teeth were hanging out and even the prospect of the forced “close proximity to strangers” the EH5 huts bring, couldn’t damper my mood, however that soon changed as we arrived at our unit.

We had been given number 49 which is what we asked for, so that was cool and well organized by Sanparks, however our unit was next to 2 x EH3’s loaded with 5 very young rats and their blanket was half a meter from our door entrance. I initially thought it wasn’t going to be too bad, but 5 minutes later they started fighting, then shrieking and then howling and the parents just ignored it as if nothing was going on.

Thereafter a screaming game of “braai tong tag” involving the father erupted and after an hour of intense noise I felt like I had been dragged through an out of control crèche, so the pelican was out.

“Why don’t they consider that fact that others here don’t want to listen to their rowdy kids all day and at least tell them to slow it down”

The Cow told me to “shut it”

Eventually I realized that my only hope was to mentally switch off to it or cause a drama with the inconsiderate oblivious young parents who were more interested in discussing whether they had the dops sorted for later. I decided to remain quiet for now and see how things unfolded in the evening.

Fortunately they left for a drive which allowed some peace for everybody else in the area who seemed as strained as I was, so this must have been going on for a few days.

I thought that I was turning into a grumpy old man rapidly, but then changed my mind as at that age I certainly wouldn’t have let my kids behave like that in Kruger because they need to understand early that there’s a time and place for everything otherwise they will continue to behave the same way as adults in Kruger.

We hadn’t explored south of Lower Sabie much so the S28 became the focus for a short afternoon drive and we hit our 4th leopard/RP luck again at around 3km from the northern S28 entrance.

There were a few cars stopped already, so I reversed out of the gang as although we were further from the leopard, we still had a clear view of the tree and weren’t part of the potential crowd. The leopard chowed for around 10 minutes and then decided it was time to cruise and made a long story of climbing down the tree which had us all cackling.

I wasn’t keen on doing the S137 section and the S28 was much busier than expected, so we decided to head back the same way and rather explore some of the H10 which would be quieter. This got the rats excited because they know about a hyena den 5km up the H10.

I stopped on the H10 for a few minutes to check out the normal locals before moving on towards the den; however got distracted by a lioness cruising off just before the den and only a single scallywag came out the drain.

We made it back to the H10 Bridge in time for the Cow to capture a Lower Sabie sunset.

The rowdy clan were already going full speed when we got back to our unit, but surprisingly it was the Cow who caused a reaction when she involuntarily reacted to a scream which caused sound levels to reduce slightly. At 9:30pm the small kids were still charging around, so I told my clan to make a massive noise at 5am to wake them up, which excited Bushpig and it would hopefully finish them off for our last night in the park.

To be continued

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Pfff... I think, I should stop dropping in here. I feel a depression coming... looking at all those leopards :shock: :-0
Aren't you lot greedy! ^0^ 4 in a day... incredible :-0 :-0 :-0 ^Q^

As for the neighbours, I just hope they weren't the cause for a major pelican followed by a volcano like eruption in a choice of words later that night. O-/

But generally great stuff here, BC. Your trip was certainly packed with awesome sightings, and you and your family certainly deserved every moment. X#X

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

This is fantastic again, BC!

Seriously you should post more of a tutorial about finding leopards, i for one would love to know your system? -O-

It is not RP luck, as RP doesn't have close to that luck...maybe it is "reverse icebucket"! ..0.. =O:

Better to crap on your neighbours ASAP, or rather send a female to politely request, which is better...even use kids if they are not drunk yet! (The neighbours, I mean! \O )

:ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The leopards are better going up than down, even with a kill :yes:

Decent behavior is becoming rare 0*\ Unfortunately the younger generations have not been brought up with certain standards. You are still young, but I am pleased to see that you understand what " consideration for others" mean ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”