Luxury Train Hotel on Kruger's Selati Bridge

Information & Discussion on Other Development Plans for Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Luxury Train Hotel on Kruger's Selati Bridge

Post by Richprins »

Someone is going to fall off there... O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

There is a rail. It does not show because of the light ;-) Someone might fall anyway O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Helol

Post by Helol »

I don't have strong feelings either way about the train, good luck to them.

However, it has fundamentally changed the view from the camp looking towards the bridge at night. It is now brightly lit up, and so rather than looking at darkness, all one sees are the bright lights, akin to Vegas! I think it spoils the atmosphere.

On that basis, no longer will I pay more money for river view accommodation at Skukuza, instead I will take a cheaper chalet behind. I don't visit Kruger to see the night sky lit up like that, and there is no need for it either. Subtle external lightning would have been more 'in keeping' with the surroundings.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Helol 0/*

Never thought of that! Too bad :evil:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very good point, Helol! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Helol wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:13 am I don't have strong feelings either way about the train, good luck to them.

However, it has fundamentally changed the view from the camp looking towards the bridge at night. It is now brightly lit up, and so rather than looking at darkness, all one sees are the bright lights, akin to Vegas! I think it spoils the atmosphere.

On that basis, no longer will I pay more money for river view accommodation at Skukuza, instead I will take a cheaper chalet behind. I don't visit Kruger to see the night sky lit up like that, and there is no need for it either. Subtle external lightning would have been more 'in keeping' with the surroundings.
In my view Las Vegas competes with Skukuza not the other way >> For peace and quiet I would rather spend a Week end and following Public Holiday at Gold Reef City.

In my 70 years on this planet I have spent ONE Night (7 years ago) at Skukuza >> We all make mistakes at some time during our lives

Helol

Post by Helol »

You have a point!

That said, I do stay at Sku, it's usually at the beginning or end of the trip, for practical reasons. I only tend to be in the camp after the camp gates close, and (touch wood), have never had any noise problems etc. During the day, I may pop into the camp to buy a drink or whatever, but make sure I stay clear of lunch time, when it's a free for all.

Return to “Proposed Developments, KNP”