What is ruining your current Kruger experience?

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Polentswa

Re: What is ruining your current Kruger experience?

Post by Polentswa »

PJL wrote:Kruger should be moved closer to my house... about the same distance away as Addo. It's just simply not convenient driving 15 hours to get there 0' =O:

yES BUT WE GO ANYWAY EVERY august FOR 3 WEEKS FROM pe

I think the one thing which caused us issues while we were there was the problem with monkeys/baboons at some of the picnic sites. Once in Hwange I was chatting to the owners of a guest lodge which sometimes had problems from the local baboon troop. Whilst not diplomatic, their approach was simple - shoot the troop leader. This sent the entire troop away for the best part of 6 months while they figured out who the new leader would be and gave the lodge some peace and quiet. It might not be the kind of policy which SP wants to be associated with - killing an animal. But the reality is that it is culling, and that does already take place in some parks O** O**
The Section ranger at Nwanedzi in the 'Good ol days' had problems of baboons raiding the old extinct private camp of Nwanedzi near his house caused by guests feeding them and leaving food in the Camp house and leaving windows open while on game drives ...behaving like ware Urban idiots in other words ..He shot 10 and hung them up along the Tar road back to Satara from the current picnic spot ...with signs on cardboard around their necks stating 'This is what happens to animals when you feed them' ...Bit drastic but the message was read good and proper

You can of course also go to Baboon and monkey free camps like Tsendze ...for how long who knows judging by the idiots next to us who chucked their left overs over the fence and the husband wanted to beat me up for telling his wife off..Had to call the then Mooiplaas ranger in who was twice the Husbands size ..game over ...but yes so unnecessary

Mabuasehube and Caprivi are calling
okie

Post by okie »

People , people , people .... I would like to have the whole 2 million hectares of KNP absolutely to myself , then I will not be able to blame other people to spoil my experience O**

Enough is enough
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, I'm a bit worried Polentswa will have some tourists shot and hung up on the fence too...no jokes! O-/
Last edited by Richprins on Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Toko

Post by Toko »

I think the crowded sightings in the south are due to modern technology, people check on social media and rush to the spot.

Getting more horrible every year, I would love an entirely no reception zone, with not network in camps, picnic spots etc. \O

Alf

Post by Alf »

\O Toko i agree. That's why we try to avoid the circus in the south

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Wish thinking, Toko! You will never get that in Kruger. Soon you'll get reception also in KTP 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Post by Alf »

The next gadget they will create will be an "animal finder" that will show you the animals as you drive down the road, with that you can link that with an app to show the location of those animals 0*\ 0*\ 0*\

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Toko

Post by Toko »

Ja, animal finder and route planner with a good mix of big fives and some entertainment sites 0:

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

LOL =O: =O:

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Richprins wrote:Ja, I'm a bit worried Polentswa will have some tourists shot and hung up on the fence too...no jokes! O-/
=O: In my Kruger wishlist there are no fences ...but you can always chuck em in the Long Drops =O:

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”