Tamron 150-600 Review

Discuss the technical side of photography
Duke

Re: Tamron 150-600 Review

Post by Duke »

We have had ours for 6 years. That is not the issue but rather the one bad fall the lens had 0*\ Had it repaired but just not the same since the fall.

nan

Post by nan »

6 years for mine too... it seems a bit slow now to focus 0'

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Bought my Sigma zoom in 2002. Dropped it on a concrete floor in Punda, had to take pics with it whilst holding the bits together for the rest of that trip. Still going strong now. \O My 600mm is also 12 years old and works superbly, the biggest drawback is the 0- using it incorrectly. 0*\ =O:

Hope you have some great fun with your new Tamron PJL. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

I've had my Bigma since 2009 and I'm very pleased with the build and optical quality. The only problem I have with mine is that it back focuses by about 2cm on minimum focus at maximum zoom. I can live with that considering it compares favourably in all other respects with lenses that cost far more.

Mind you, an extra 100mms would be very nice to have and I'd happily trade it in for the Tamron if I could get a good deal!

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Dewi wrote:... the biggest drawback is the 0- using it incorrectly. 0*\ =O:
That applies well to me. =O: =O: =O:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

BluTuna wrote:The only problem I have with mine is that it back focuses by about 2cm on minimum focus at maximum zoom.
BT, please can you explain this...feeling a bit blonde at the moment! :o0ps:

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

At maximum zoom (500mm) and minimum focus (about 3m) the actual focus of the picture is between 1 and 2cms further away than place on the subject where I placed the focus point in the viewfinder.

I have some test shots I took but they are on my PC at home. I'll post them later.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

\O

PJL

Post by PJL »

BluTuna wrote:At maximum zoom (500mm) and minimum focus (about 3m) the actual focus of the picture is between 1 and 2cms further away than place on the subject where I placed the focus point in the viewfinder.

I have some test shots I took but they are on my PC at home. I'll post them later.
That's quite a large back-focus... has it been like that since you bought the lens?

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

PJL wrote:
BluTuna wrote:At maximum zoom (500mm) and minimum focus (about 3m) the actual focus of the picture is between 1 and 2cms further away than place on the subject where I placed the focus point in the viewfinder.

That's quite a large back-focus... has it been like that since you bought the lens?
Quite possibly but it only manifests on max zoom & min focus. Getting it fixed would be a major undertaking as I'd have to get it to Sigma in cape Town.

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”