Test of 2019 Picnic spot Survey

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature

Survey

Hide survey

Since Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:24 pm, this topic has a survey attached that can be used to perform an iquiry with multiple users.

Because the answers of this survey are hidden, you can only see your own entries.

The survey is closed since Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:44 am.

Afsaal Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean albasini ruins Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean babalala Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean makhadzi Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean masorini Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean mlondozi Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean mooiplaas Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean muzandzeni Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean nhlanguleni Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean nkuhlu Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean n'wanetsi Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean pafuri Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean skukuza Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean timbavati Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean tshokwane Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean
Sum:
Choices 7
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 7
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 1
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 6
Choices 7

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: POLL: Best Camp or Best Picnic Site? "Africa Wild Awards 2019"

Post by Lisbeth »

Richprins wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 am Not sure that place like day-visitors should count, except maybe Pretoriuskop day visitors? ..0..

The poll must first be about whether to do a simple poll or spraedsheet with categories...how did we do it last time gain... :-?
Last time I think that we just did it O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

I think there are very different opinions on what makes a good picnic spot, one wants take aways and another wants a not crowded quiet place and some enjoy sitting and game viewing (Roan from Babalala) or enjoys the scenery at Parfuri.

I would do different polls:

Most quiet picnic site
Best facilities with largest choice of products on offer (meals, drinks, skottel, hot water, curio, information display)
Most scenic one
Best game viewing or birding

etc.

Otherwise it is a bit of not much use for readers -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

:ty: Klippies!

Ok, other members' suggestions for criteria?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

0/* all

I think last time we did it in different votes to narrow it down .Starting with a list of all camps then selecting the favorites .Then we set the criteria based around what all those camps could be rated on and I setup the voting software which I would have to setup again I think as it was on the old site O**

I am attaching Alfs spreadsheet you can see the criteria .

I like Klippies idea of different categories \O as there is a big difference between most of them with views /shops etc them but I think then a category for best day visitors would be a good option -O-
Attachments
KNP Camp Award Survey.xlsx
(22.65 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I still think that the best way is to put up the poll with only the name of the various Picnic Sites, with two votes each. There are not many sites nor many members voting.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Post by Alf »

If we have a few headings per picnic area then every person can vote per picnic site what they liked or not

Then the score should be more accurate

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Alf wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:02 pm If we have a few headings per picnic area then every person can vote per picnic site what they liked or not

How does this work?

I have to rate every picnic spot in different categories?

Alf

Post by Alf »

Klipspringer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:20 pm
Alf wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:02 pm If we have a few headings per picnic area then every person can vote per picnic site what they liked or not

How does this work?

I have to rate every picnic spot in different categories?
Yes. And then you can vote every picnic area in all these categories that you have visited

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Rog can put up a huge poll where one can rate each picnic spot out of 5 points for each of say 5-6 criteria under each one, so we can go wild! O:V

If I remember correctly?

Then Alf collates it onto a spreadsheet that we send to Kruger! O/\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
graham

Post by graham »

I have a few comments on the way the camp poll worked and which may be applicable to other polls.

When you have a number of criteria, the scores for each are important - it doesn't not make sense to have a combined or total score.
The lowest rating should be "one" to avoid confusion with "zero" or "blank" where people may feel the category is not applicable.
The average should be calculated excluding any "blanks" (and by definition "zeros")

The admin work is a lot easier if you put all the responses in a single list or database (where order is not important) and use the "averageifs" function to calculate the results. And please, not to two decimal places!

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”