Post by nan »

can't remember all those "pâtisserie" O-/ =O: =O: =O:

good one Michele ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
nan

Re: the dream... at last

Post by nan »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:51 pm Are there no lodges inside the park? I have only seen TTs from people who camp.
reed on the second picture and have a look here outside at less 1 km ;-)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I asked if there were no camps inside the park. I have seen that yours is outside.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:07 pm I asked if there were no camps inside the park. I have seen that yours is outside.
sorry... you know I am very bad in English 0' 0:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I know lol

I'll ask Google \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
nan

Post by nan »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:20 pm I know lol

I'll ask Google \O
and Google is not very better =O:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I find that Google is excellent, at least in English. Maybe in other languages a bit less. There is less traffic ;-)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

There are camps with chalets inside Etosha. The three main camps are Okaukeujo, Halali, and Namutoni. All three have chalets as well as campsites. There is a newer campsite on the west called Olifantsbad ..only camping . I have not been there yet but I will be in August :) there is also another private lodge that I do not know much about at all. Where you stay depends on the length of your trip. I find the accommodation inside the park expensive but Doug and I would camp under other circumstances. Because we incorporated this trip with Doug working in Windhoek we obviously didn’t have our 4 x 4with is. Staying in chalets at Okaukeujo is expensive but worthwhile because of the awesome waterhole. Staying at Namutoni to me is not so special..the waterhole leaves much to be desired and I don’t even care much for the campsites. But the surrounding game viewing area is awesome and very different to Okaukeujo surrounds. Therefore staying just outside the park at Mokuti was the answer. It was a better price and it is not too much of a mission to get into the park. The first time you go in you can pay for your conservation fees for your entire stay up front ..so no need to do it each day which would have been a bit of a mission. If you are traveling with a fridge full of meat etc like we were you have to be careful with that. No meat can be brought out of Etosha . The lodge kindly kept our meat and other forbidden goods in their deep freeze for us ..problem solved. So there are many ways of doing Etosha ..just depends on your circumstances :)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Flutterby wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 pm You put a lot of work into your scrapbooks Michele! \O
It is rather easy Flutts ..mostly using apps and my iPad at this stage ..if I decide to do hard copies then that takes s while longer. :) But as they say ..it keeps me out of mischief 😂😂

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

\O

Return to “Travel Tales of Namibia Parks”