about the aardwolf - Incredible and then the trip in the balloon \O \O \O

The landscape is awesome as well 0()

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Namibia - There and Back

Post by Lisbeth »

Hi Michele! I still have not found the time to read your TT, but I'll get there.......sooner or later. I was shocked to see Junior and wondered where the old faithful Monty had gone :shock: He must be feeling rather offended, Junior having been preferred and not only .......he is even German :shock: ( I only drive German cars =O: )

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

That must have been a wonderful morning!!! \O \O

Bushveld Jock

Post by Bushveld Jock »

Hi Michele thanks for showing us you amazing pics from Namibia. O\/ O\/ O\/ Lots of great bird shots and lovely landscape pics that makes one starting to plan that next trip. ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ \O \O Just wonder if this is the same tree I saw in 2010. O:V
Michele Nel wrote:
After lunch we took a drive to the dunes which are about 60km away.
Some scenic shots….

Kgalagadi: Dec 2015
KNP Maroela, Shingwedzi & Pretoriuskop: March 2016
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Smashing experience and photos! O:V

And another very entertaining account of the events again. -O -O -O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Post by Toko »

Whooo - whoooop a ballon ride, how special is that O:V O:V O:V and you know I am a sucker for bird photos 0*\ , great shots again ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Is that a breakfast for two :shock: -O- ?

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The balloon trip must have been a great experience......the breakfast looks good too ;-) No birds up there I presume =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Just caught up here O/\

Brilliant TT so far and fantastic pics ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

That Aardwolf is seriously special O/\ O/\

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Bushveld Jock wrote:Hi Michele thanks for showing us you amazing pics from Namibia. O\/ O\/ O\/ Lots of great bird shots and lovely landscape pics that makes one starting to plan that next trip. ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ \O \O Just wonder if this is the same tree I saw in 2010. O:V
Michele Nel wrote:
After lunch we took a drive to the dunes which are about 60km away.
Some scenic shots….

It seems we did photgraph the same tree....:)

Michele Nel

Post by Michele Nel »

Apologies for the delay..but herewith the next leg of our journey....:)

When we got back to camp we packed up the tent and hit the road.
Sesriem is an adequate camp….lovely big trees full of birds to camp under. Ablutions are great – huge showers. The advantage of staying at Sesriem is that you are inside the park and get an earlier start when driving to the dunes in the morning. There is a restaurant as well….
Destination -Swakopmund.
Route – C19 to Solitaire, C14 to Walvis bay ( through the Namib –Naukluft Park) and then onto Swakopmund.
The countryside was very dry and dusty.

It didn’t take us too long to get to Solitaire – quirky little place with accommodation, fuel and General Dealer as well as a Coffee shop of sorts. I must admit I didn’t expect to see elephants here... ;-)

Now if there is something Doug likes it is his beer O** ..especially Urbock which is made in Namibia and classed as a winter beer. It normally appears on the shelves at the beginning of May. It is available in SA but normally takes a little while longer before we can buy it down here. So we had left SA without being able to buy any Urbock. Doug had stopped at every bottle store since entering Namibia and not one had Urbock for him. We walked into the General Dealer and guess what Doug eye-spied in the fridge …URBOCK O\/ ….but the fridge had a huge padlock on it. :-? Doug reckoned that they had just forgotten to unlock the fridge…but nope it was going to stay locked all day. We had forgotten that it was a public holiday in Namibia – Africa Day. 0*\ Doug was besides himself – so close yet so far. But the chap behind the counter suggested to Doug that he try the coffee shop …so beer and apple pie was the order of the day ( well one of us had tea) My man was indeed a happy camper..at last the drought had been broken….

And of course we had an audience – Southern Masked-Weaver

I think that was the best beer Doug had had in a very long time...but yes it was time to hit the road again but as we left the coffee shop Doug met up with another Gelandewagen owner.

I left them swapping stories and went off to take a few pics of all the rusty old vehicles..the light was far too bright though …so I soon gave that up as well.

It was time to move on… we still had a way to go…..a brief stop at the Tropic of Capricorn .

I was looking forward to driving through the Namib-Naukluft but I was disappointed….it was very dry and dusty and pretty much void of any life. We did see a couple of vultures on a zebra carcass though but really far away …..
Last time we drove through the Namib it was beautifully green and full of birds etc. Oh well that was then..this was now and eventually we arrived at Walvis without my camera being used much at all.
Last edited by Michele Nel on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Travel Tales of Namibia Parks”