Keep your mind active during lockdown..,

Have some fun answering Quizzes of a wild nature and learn at the same time
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Keep your mind active during lockdown..,

Post by Lisbeth »

:yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Google says it's Mbeki:

President Mbeki was born on June 18, 1942 in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. He joined the African National Congress (ANC) Youth league in 1956 at the age of 14 and left South Africa for exile in 1962.
Mr. Mbeki read Economics at Sussex University in England up to master’s level. Thereafter, he underwent military training in the then Soviet Union. On completion, he joined the ANC Headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia where he remained until 1990 when the ANC was unbanned. Mr. Mbeki has been a member of the ANC National Executive Committee (NEC) since 1975.
He was appointed Deputy President of South Africa in 1994 and twice elected President in 1999 and 2004.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

1. MISSING LINK = American states – Denzel Washington, Virginia Woolf, Georgia, Oklahoma, Massachusetts.

2. MISSING LINK = Car parts – Thomas the Tank Engine, Gear, Spinning Wheel, Fender, Cape Horn.

3. MISSING LINK = Body parts – Hair, Legs, Shirley Temple, Navel, Hand.

4. MISSING LINK = Women’s names in Beatles song titles – Penny Lane, Lovely Rita, Michelle, Dear Prudence, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.

5. MISSING LINK = South African Premier Soccer League teams – Black Leopards, Orlando Pirates, Maritzburg United, Kaizer Chiefs, Stellenbosch FC.

6. MISSING LINK = Trees – Saturday Night Fever, sausage dog, quiver, Olive Schreiner, the palm.

7. MISSING LINK = Johannesburg suburbs – Herman Melville, John Denver, Sandhurst, Marlboro, Florida.

8. MISSING LINK = Academy Award winners for Best Actress – Jodie Foster (1988 & 1991), Jennifer Lawrence (2012), Julia Roberts (2000), Julianne Moore (2014), Emma Stone (2016).

9. MISSING LINK = famous philosophers – Thomas Hobbes, Aristotle, John Stuart Mill, Bertrand Russell, Adam Smith.

10. MISSING LINK = Thabo Mbeki – born in Eastern Cape, went to Sussex University, trained in Moscow for a year, lived in exile in Lusaka, inaugurated as president at the Union Buildings.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Done ;-)

And easier than expected (for a team effort)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Without Google I don't think that we would have been able to resolve it ;-)

I hope that there will be a new one of some kind. More fun than guessing camps --00--

Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

:yes:

leachy

Post by leachy »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:46 pm Without Google I don't think that we would have been able to resolve it ;-)

I hope that there will be a new one of some kind. More fun than guessing camps --00--
lis, you are not meant to guess the camps......

you are meant to recognize the features to arrive at an answer....

the future is not what it used to be
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Ja, Lis and it is very important knowledge to tell apart the types of bricks, tables, fence wire etc. =O:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Sure! Very good for developing your intellect...not! lol Good for passing the time anyway. Anything goes \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:46 pm Without Google I don't think that we would have been able to resolve it ;-)

I hope that there will be a new one of some kind...
Agree on both :-0

(I suck at the camps, so I don't participate anyways lol )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Africa Wild Quizzies & Games”