Imfolozi - Browns August 2013 *

Bushcraft

Imfolozi - Browns August 2013 *

Post by Bushcraft »

Hey all,

I’m not going to do a full on TT of this trip as it was so short; therefore I’m just going to post a few pics.

The weather was hectic also as the cold front of the year decided to arrive, so many pics aren’t that hot.

It was pouring with rain when we woke, so we decided to sleep in a little and only left to drive up at around 8am, so we arrived at the gates just before lunch.

First up is a pic of Albert trying to keep warm and then some park locals

To be continued

Bushcraft

Re: Imfolozi - Browns August 2013

Post by Bushcraft »

The evening camp locals pulled in after our braai and Humphrey has learnt the art of breaking into the bin area. Check the white ties on the latch which I put on, he even broke those. I knew that he was going to make a massive mess, so tried to chase him off, but the Mohawk shot up and I had to run for cover.

To be continued

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Our final sighting just before leaving the park was our best and a total shock

Doggies chasing warties, warties chasing doggies, doggies doing their morning ablutions, doggies hunting again and then doggies parking off.

We spent about an hour with them and followed them for around 4km before calling it and ducking home.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Thanks for checking this short trip out Mel, Heksie, harrys, RP, Dewi and nan \O

A very good mate of mine arrived in the park yesterday and he was informed that Humphrey the bushpig attacked someone on Saturday night, 8 stitches. Apparently the chap got too close when trying to take pics and Humphrey snapped 0*\

I hope that they leave Humphrey alone and don’t shot him because of this incident O/ O/

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Thanks for checking this out pooky \O

Humphrey is sharp, so I doubt that they would get him. My mate has just got back from 3 nights there and Humphrey has been missing, so he's ducking camp -O-

Bushveld Jock

Post by Bushveld Jock »

Hi BC,

Great shots and you saw the leopard. \O ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ I've tried to match the spots of the doggies you saw with the pack we saw at Sontuli loop, but no luck. It looks like another group. Have you heard about the recent fire at Imfolozi. Hope it was not to bad.

Kgalagadi: Dec 2015
KNP Maroela, Shingwedzi & Pretoriuskop: March 2016
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Hey BJ, unfortunately it was a cheetah \O

It was a cool doggie sighting ;-)

My mates were there and said that the fire was hectic. I haven’t heard of any animal injures though -O-

When are you starting your Imfolozi TT O\/ O\/

giraffee

Post by giraffee »

Bushcraft wrote:Thanks for checking this out pooky \O

Humphrey is sharp, so I doubt that they would get him. My mate has just got back from 3 nights there and Humphrey has been missing, so he's ducking camp -O-
Humphrey sends his regards :-) Thanks so much for this TR. Read it before we left for Mpila. SO is a light sleeper and kept a eye open for them. They arrived on our first night in housie 20 at 2 in the morning ! thanks BC. counted 9. They are absolutely gorgeous. We stayed 6 nights, mostly in the tents and saw them on the first 4 nights and not again. I did not get a single pic 0*\
We also had wild dogs running past on 3 nights O\/
Maybe Humphrey dont like dogs.

Return to “Travel Tales of Hluhluwe/Imfolozi Game Reserve”