PENSIONERS DISCOUNT - CAMPS IN KRUGER

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
steamtrainfan

PENSIONERS DISCOUNT - CAMPS IN KRUGER

Post by steamtrainfan »

This might sound like a stupid question with an obvious answer but let me ask it anyway. 0*\

Why are there so many more camps offering pensioners discounts in February/March than May/June then even less camps in October and a whole bunch again in November?

I can only assume it is because March and November are not a very popular times to go to Kruger :-? :-?

I thought Kruger was extremely popular any time of the year.

I was going to go for 8 days in June but I got 11 days in March for the same price.

When I went to book today for March I expected to battle to get the camps I wanted but lo and behold anything I wanted was available even perimeter bungalows at Satara.

The only problem, no not a problem, a new condition that I have not encountered before is that I could not travel from Skukuza to Mopani in one day. I had to book at a camp in between as they will no longer allow a person to travel more than 180 km between camps. Excellent idea me thinks.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
RobertT

Re: PENSIONERS DISCOUNT - CAMPS IN KRUGER

Post by RobertT »

November is normally quiet and Sanparks have given 40 % discounts last couple of years in a few camps right up until 1st week in Dec. March will depend on where the Easter and school holidays happen.

nan

Post by nan »

I had to book at a camp in between as they will no longer allow a person to travel more than 180 km between camps. Excellent idea me thinks.
it's a new law O-/

about 200 km at 40km p/h = 5h + sightings... enough time (after me) ;-)
it's a good idea to rent more bungalows O-/ 0' 0:

maybe I'm wrong... and don't understand nothing :o0ps: sorry 0:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
okie

Post by okie »

steamtrainfan wrote:. I had to book at a camp in between as they will no longer allow a person to travel more than 180 km between camps. Excellent idea me thinks.

It will only cause people to travel LESS in the park , maybe stay longer in the same camp such , with overall shorter stay within the park itself . And may even cause more congestion in such places such in the south , with fewer visitors to the north . It is 180 km from Letaba to Punda :O^ And from Malelane to Olifants ( which is very popular with overseas visitors it is too far , and cannot even reach Satara ( 198 km ) 0*\

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I think that it is ridiculous! You can easily cover 200km in 5 hours and if you want to travel for 8 hours even further. As long as you stick to the rules who are they to decide the distance that you can cover 0=

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I agree!

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I dunno...these old people can be a bit dodgy...best they stay in one place! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Only people like you get old in that way, just wait and see :twisted:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

Richprins wrote:I dunno...these old people can be a bit dodgy...best they stay in one place! :yes:
^0^ 0-

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”