FF6V Mopani

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Alf

FF6V Mopani

Post by Alf »

We are booked in at Mopani tonight in a FF6V bungalow. Next to us in unit no 10 we have a SP official still in his uniform. Only him in a 6 bed bungalow. I went onto the SP availability list and saw there's 3 of these units available for the night.

That makes you wonder, if a unit isn't booked, then do these SP officials take turns in using these bungalows? For free? It doesn't make sense to me that one person will book and pay for a 6 bed bungalow

So tonight he has a view over the dam, a nice tv to watch soccer and a nice bed to sleep in. O/

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: FF6V Mopani

Post by Richprins »

It is common practice, Alf. Visiting officials have always been allowed to use accommodation if available...in fact I think there are always one or two units kept open in case, which is why one can get a spot at the very last minute! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Ja, had the same thing twice at Lower Sabie. :-?

Dikkop

Post by Dikkop »

Makes perfect sense to accommodate staff in these facilities. Where else will travelling officials stay? In a hotel? :O^
What's wrong with them enjoying the accommodation and amenities - the view the tv the aircon? They have a huge share in and contribution to make in our parks.

Live and let live. 0:

Alf

Post by Alf »

Dikkop wrote:Makes perfect sense to accommodate staff in these facilities. Where else will travelling officials stay? In a hotel? :O^
What's wrong with them enjoying the accommodation and amenities - the view the tv the aircon? They have a huge share in and contribution to make in our parks.

Live and let live. 0:
Hi Dikkop,

First off all this isn't a travelling official. This was a normal ranger. :O^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Alf wrote:
Dikkop wrote:Makes perfect sense to accommodate staff in these facilities. Where else will travelling officials stay? In a hotel? :O^

Live and let live. 0:
Hi Dikkop,

and the times I have seen this at Lower Sabie it was the school holidays, so a massive demand for the unit from paying clients O** Surely staff villages should cater for this :-?

okie

Post by okie »

Alf wrote:

Live and let live. 0:
Hi Dikkop,

Hmmmmmmm........maybe undercover :O^

Enough is enough

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”