Corruption in the Booking System - Yes or No

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Corruption in the Booking System - Yes or No

Post by Lisbeth »

Now it is easier to understand ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

There are glitches from time to time on the Sanparks booking system, especially the online availability section, but they have always stated that it’s as near a “live” system as possible and that glitches will occur. I have had the same issue as Alf a few times and it’s frustrating, but like any “live system” there are possible errors and possibly an element of incompetence in Alf's case as it took so long to address it, however I don’t believe that this is deliberate.

Val, maybe you can advise on the below and the original reason for this thread. -O-

One could previously view the online availability from 12am on the day bookings opened 11 months in advance. Many times I stood in the queue at the local KZN Sanparks satellite office from 4:30am with my laptop viewing this online availability to be able to book at 7:30am when bookings officially opened.

What I noticed each time though was that many key units were already booked and some were disappearing before my eyes prior to 7:30am, hence I took numerous screen shots which also indicate the time and date, hence real proof. Many others have also done the same over the years. I also started following it monthly and the pattern continued, but was definitely more apparent for the school holiday period.

Those screen shots were posted on the Sanparks forum by me and many others, but they were always deleted. Why would they be deleted and if re-posted the poster got warned. This immediately indicates to most that someone is trying to hide something.

I then mailed the screen shots (on advice from a Sanparks forum moderator, who still is a moderator there) to Hester (head of reservations) and Joep asking for a clear explanation, but never even got an acknowledgement let alone an answer.

Suddenly a few months later one couldn’t view the online availability until the day after bookings open, which immediately tells most that there are too many difficult questions getting put forward with proof, so instead of coming out and saying what’s really going on, they eliminate the way people were obtaining the proof, which immediately gives all the impression of a corrupt system.

Sanparks, if your system is all above board, then open the online availability viewing on the day bookings open like it always was. This assists people who are trying to put a trip together on the day bookings open and it proves you have nothing to hide, but if you continue to hide the availability on the day bookings open for no apparent reason then it proves you are trying to hide what’s really going on from the public in my book. -O-

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Bushcraft wrote:Suddenly a few months later one couldn’t view the online availability until the day after bookings open, which immediately tells most that there are too many difficult questions getting put forward with proof, so instead of coming out and saying what’s really going on, they eliminate the way people were obtaining the proof, which immediately gives all the impression of a corrupt system.
Not only does it leave a bitter taste of suspicion in your mouth, it is also highly annoying because one isn't able to work with the booking agent anymore by telling him / her what unit to grab at what date as you can't see it anymore. My initial itineraries have become a hoot with that system! :evil:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
nan

Post by nan »

My initial itineraries have become a hoot with that system
mine too :-( :evil:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
PennyinSA

Post by PennyinSA »

Agree 100% with Bushcraft. This has happened to me on numerous occasions and on one particularly memorable one having done a mixture of online bookings together with telephone bookings I was told that we would have to vacate our hut in the morning and we would categorically not be allowed to return till after 2 p.m. When I asked for some leeway on this just to access the fridge so that we did not have to drive around with meat etc I was put through to a supervisor - the outcome - oh dear me - I was told no and by the way the person that did your bookings is going to have to undergo a disciplinary hearing for booking you into different accommodation in the same camp. I was aghast!!!!

Alf

Post by Alf »

And by only showing the availability sheet after bookings open creates longer telephone calls to the call center because you can't see what's still available and plan a trip ahead and that means more people can't get through to a call center..... which leads to more frustration and more people seeking other accommodation

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Not really corruption but rather an error in the system:

I upgraded a night of my upcoming trip in the KTP. Therefore I was asked to pay a deposit of less than ZAR 400,00.
Wanted to do so right away to have it done. Well, the system wouldn't let me, telling me the amount was too small
to cover a deposit 0*\ At the same time however, it is threatening me to cancel my whole reservation for the two
weeks if I don't pay today.

REALLY?!???

Isn't that a technical glitch that shouldn't even be happening in an organisation like SP O/

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
nan

Post by nan »

same to me.... already twice 0'

the first time I asked somebody to help me... a big thank you 0/0
the second I leave and come again a bit later

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Those "glitches" make furious!!! It just should not happen 0*\ Garbage in, garbage out O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I had sent an email to the head of reservation straight after the amendment this morning. Obviously, SanParks got a new feat for payments:
Unbenannt.png
Cannot comment on how it is working though because at the end of the day I made yet another change to our booking
and I went from ZAR 360,00 deposit to ZAR 150,00 credit. lol

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”