Open Safari Vehicles in Kruger

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Open Safari Vehicles in Kruger

Post by Lisbeth »

The OSVs coming from outside the park will not be happy, they will be less competitive compared to the SANParks ones O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
graham

Post by graham »

The question is why were they given preference in the first place? If anyone should get an early start it should be overnight visitors.

Perhaps letting in osvs early generated overtime?

Alf

Post by Alf »

graham wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:16 pm The question is why were they given preference in the first place? If anyone should get an early start it should be overnight visitors.

Maybe they received some kick backs -O- -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

I can understand the logic of letting them through earlier, it then helped with the queues.

I think there were more benefits than cons. They would have lots of eager eyes looking in bush as they are just in so if there is a sighting they would be there. As for chasing animals off road, staff get in earlier anyhow, so any animal that was on road has already moved off.

The same person complaining about them getting in earlier will be same person complaining about them when they are in queue ahead of them doing paperwork for all people on the vehicle which will take time.

Alf

Post by Alf »

graham wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:16 pm The question is why were they given preference in the first place? If anyone should get an early start it should be overnight visitors.

I agree with Graham. If anyone should get preference it should be the overnight visitors paying plenty money.

What i have also noticed on previous visits is that these OSV drivers know the gate and office staff well and they walk past everyone anyway and still want to be helped first just because they think they are locals.

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

There is a long discussion on the pro's and cons at the beginning of this thread! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Alf wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:34 pm

I agree with Graham. If anyone should get preference it should be the overnight visitors paying plenty money.

What i have also noticed on previous visits is that these OSV drivers know the gate and office staff well and they walk past everyone anyway and still want to be helped first just because they think they are locals.
Overnight visitors are in park, these vehicles are coming from outside.

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Interesting the discussion here .I would say its a good idea to have them go in early to clear the queues later but I would say they should have to pay additional fees to do this especially if by them entering early is adding costs to Sanparks for overtime etc .If I want to get guaranteed entry I have to pay extra pre-booked day visitors fees .. O**

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

:yes: \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”