Open Safari Vehicles in Kruger

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Scipio

Re: Open Safari Vehicles in Kruger

Post by Scipio »

The Idea is not plausable, as in the above statement they also want to use the OSV's to police sightings. That means they will tell the normal tourist what to do, how long to stay etc. And in my experience the OSV companies want one thing. Show the guests the Big5 in as short time as possible.

They already made mistakes in the previous pamphlet on the rules at a sighting, this is just a way to control sightings for themselves, and as far as Groovy is concerned, since I posted that pic of his guide with all his guests in the veld on the S90 many years ago I have been sworn at, screamed at and various other things by especially his company guides, but also others.

The first guide that tell me I must move on I stayed long enough at a sighting or whatever will only receive a smile.

But on a serious note, if they want to police anything, there are certain legal requerements to be followed.

Let the OSV's regulate themselves and leave the motoerjans alone. And if something is wrong, take a pic and go to the authorities.

OSV's enter all gates 30 minutes earlier, come out later, speed, still use radios to call in sightings etc. Once they sorted their own problems out, then go on with trying to usurp the Kruger for your greed.

nothing changed, i have not grown up yet.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

As said, at least they are trying something? Let's see...I like the idea of pamphlets and roadsigns too, nothing to lose there. OSV's will police each other too, I think. They are trying to clean up their act, hopefully, and are very well aware that there are rotten apples! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

As long as they don't try to "clean up" others. The single visitor car is none of their business. I still insist that 8 OSVs are too many!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Richprins, they are not trying anything but to get control before SANParks announces Park and Ride, and Groovy IS probably one of the biggest rotten apples. =O: =O:

nothing changed, i have not grown up yet.
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

What is this yellow sticker on their vehicles with the number of incidents on it?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Richprins wrote:Here we go, Dzombs: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5079&start=50
So is this for the osv crowd?
Or other incidents of the public that they reported?

I had an altercation with one.
In the heat of the moment I drove off without taking note of the company or registration.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It's to report osvs! \O

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Richprins wrote:It's to report osvs! \O
So they "rat" on their own? :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

No! Tourists must report them! \O

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”