Kruger Advice

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Flutterby

Re: Kruger Advice

Post by Flutterby »

We did the Olifants River Walk. As far as I know that is the only river walk there is (unless they've added more recently). -O-

You can read about it here. I loved it! :yes: \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

My brother and fam did the Olifants one in Jan this year in cold rain! :-0
The guides were excellent and helpful, though. That one would be my suggestion. \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
krugerbru

Post by krugerbru »

Flutterby wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:28 am We did the Olifants River Walk. As far as I know that is the only river walk there is (unless they've added more recently). -O-

You can read about it here. I loved it! :yes: \O
So on central reservations, River Walk's are advertised at Letaba & Tsendze. Loved reading your report on the walk, and wow, the Pel's fishing owl. Phenomenal! Sounds like it's definitely a winner O\/ :-0 \O

krugerbru

Post by krugerbru »

Richprins wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 am My brother and fam did the Olifants one in Jan this year in cold rain! :-0
The guides were excellent and helpful, though. That one would be my suggestion. \O
Thanks so much. Definitely decided then. Sounds like another trip report i'm going to have to share. 0*\

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

:yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

lol 0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

krugerbru wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 am So on central reservations, River Walk's are advertised at Letaba & Tsendze. Loved reading your report on the walk, and wow, the Pel's fishing owl. Phenomenal! Sounds like it's definitely a winner O\/ :-0 \O
They must have added more. :yes:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

As seen there, your only realistic chance of seeing fishing owls! :-0

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Top tourist tips when visiting the Lowveld or Kruger National Park

18 hours ago

The Lowveld region and Kruger National Park are very popular holiday destination but with the wide variety of activities and sometimes scorching weather, it can be overwhelming.

Therefore the Kruger Lowveld Chamber of Business and Tourism (KLCBT) has released essential travel tips to assist you.
GAME RESERVES

When travelling inside the Kruger National Park or any other game reserve, make sure that you are aware of the rules and that you abide by them to ensure your own safety and that of the animals.

Do not speed and always remember that the animals have right of way.

WEATHER AND CLOTHING

The seasons in the southern hemisphere are directly opposite to those in the northern hemisphere. For summer months, lightweight cottons and linens and short-sleeved clothes are best, although a light jersey/ jumper, sweater might be needed for the cooler evenings. Umbrellas and raincoats are essential for summer, and do not forget to pack your suntan lotion. Warmer clothes are needed in the winter.

SHOPPING

Most major shopping centres and malls operate seven days a week, but you might find that in smaller towns and rural areas that shops could be closed on Sundays and occasionally for lunch between 13:00 and 14:00.

MALARIA

Malaria is found occasionally and only in the Lowveld region of the Kruger Lowveld. There is a very low risk of malaria in the winter. Although the incidence of malaria is extremely rare, it is best to take adequate precautions if you visit these areas. The cheapest, safest and most effective measures against malaria are physical barriers such as a mosquito net and the use of a good insect repellent.

PERSONAL SAFETY

For tourists, the Kruger Lowveld region is as safe as any other destination in the world. While the region boasts a vast array of cultures, communities and attractions, most parts of the region can be safely visited by tourists provided that they take basic precautions, for example not walking alone in deserted areas at night and being circumspect about how much photographic equipment or flashy jewellery they carry.

https://lowvelder.co.za/448993/top-tour ... r-lowveld/

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The above must be written for dummies 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”