Bush Traditions

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Sprocky

Re: Bush Traditions

Post by Sprocky »

You got a deal!! \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Mel...love SO's shirt!! \O \O

Sprocks...lighting a cigarette is almost a sure fire way of guaranteeing a sighting!! \O =O: =O:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

harrys wrote:Make a fire whether we are braaing or not, I just love sitting at the fire and talking nonsense or discussing the days sightings. I usually take 2 bags off wood for everyday 0-
Sprocky wrote:Harry, I seriously think we need to spend a night around the same fire! \O
I think, I need to introduce you to my SO :O^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

We have a 'Kruger' cd that we have to listen to on the way to the park....all the good old stuff. :-) We always leave in the early hours of the morning so we get to Kruger when the gates open....I drive outside the park, and my dad takes over in the park. When we get into the park, the windows go down and the radio goes off...the world could be about to end and we wouldn't know!! -O

We're up before dawn every morning, have a shower and a cup of coffee then we're out of camp when the gates open. My dad says the same thing every morning as we drive through the gates..."Eye's down looking for a full house." If he forgets the Brat is very quick to remind him. -O

In the Pilanesberg (and in the good old days in Kruger when alcohol was still legal), if we are going through a quiet patch my dad says..."You can't see anything with an empty can..." and we have to pass him a fresh beer...I have to say this has often produced good sightings, ;-) and the Brat continuously asks "How's your beer Mommo?" (that's what he calls my dad....we have no idea where it came from :-? ).

Soon after leaving camp we'll stop somewhere to have bran muffins in the car, and there's normally left-overs from the braai the previous night which we snack on in the morning. The Brat and I take turns to sit in the front...I actually prefer the back as I can then photograph on both sides of the car. ;-)

Since the Brat's first trip we have stayed out most of the day, but it's getting too much for my dad now, so on our next trip we'll return to our old ways - take a morning drive, return to camp in the midday heat and then take an afternoon drive. I can see the Brat is going to get itchy feet! :O^

We light a fire every night, even if we aren't braaing. The Brat always takes a Kruger diary and updates it while my dad lights the fire, and we discuss the day over a couple of glasses of wine (cold drink for the Brat :-) ) and plan our route for the morning. After supper we have a cup of coffee and then it's early to bed! \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Your narration makes me wanna go like NOW, Flutts! *sigh*

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Me too Mel...al least it's not too long for us now. ;-)

Twigga

Post by Twigga »

@ Mel - -O that shirt - legend! Where can I buy one? \O

@ Fluts - Aaaaaaa, I can picture it in m mind, classic! ^Q^

@Sprocky&Harry - I smell a mini meet...... X#X

Longing for that african sunset - only 4 more nights then.................. O/\

Somewhere in Kruger
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Hey Twigga, are you off to Kruger? What are your dates and where are you staying? I'll put you down on the list of members in the park. ;-)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Twigga wrote:@ Mel - -O that shirt - legend! Where can I buy one? \O
I'm afraid, it's sold out and not produced anymore. :-(

But SO and I are currently discussing a new line of income... O**

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

=O: =O:

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”