Kruger Camping

Information & Discussions on Camping
somabhula

Kruger Camping

Post by somabhula »

Hello everyone.

Long time no posts. Still holidaying in SA. Some good, some bad.
Off to KTP and other Northern Cape parks this year.
Question re: Kruger Camping next year. We go North to South but seeing that they are messing with the camps in the South looking at Skukuza. 4 x 4 forum says there is a problem with thefts in campsites especially Skukuza. Other campers or not???No use asking on the other forum.
(Lower Sabie for me is a big no-no).
Travelling from Western Cape, not Cape Town though. 0/*

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Kruger Camping

Post by Lisbeth »

Tsendze seems to be the most favoured one by our members but as you are going from north to south that is obviously not enough.
You will have to wait until the camping people see your post ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Hello, Soma! Long time! 0/*

I haven't heard many complaints about stealing/theft, but campers are generally of a lower class, so it is likely they steal each other's stuff. :yes:

What time of year are you going? (Shade is an important consideraion!)

Tsendze and Balule are generally the most favoured, but they do not have pools and shops etc.

0()

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
somabhula

Post by somabhula »

As usual October/November, Northern Park all sorted as most of trip will be there, but as our vehicle and off road trailer are stored in the Western Cape
we have to go South. Pretoriuskop is not a pleasant camping area anymore and have hear Malelane is going the same way. Skukuza not first choice but it will do for a couple of nights, fair number of complaints on 4 x 4 forums re: thefts, I tend to think fellow campers are the culprits also the campsite gawkers.

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ok then you are going to burn to death in the horrible heat, but your funeral... O**

Tsendze has plenty trees, and Punda not too bad either. (Letaba is great, but very near Tsendze, so much the same plus it has shop and pool and huts for when you give up! ..0.. )

There is not much joy in any of the Southern ones except for Berg en Dal, which is run down these days but won national camping awards when it opened...still the best there! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Malelane is small and quiet, but the camping area does not have river view.

somabhula

Post by somabhula »

Malelane might be small and quiet now, but you know those private company tents that went along the fence at Pretoriuskop, they are going in at Malelane and Croc Bridge, soon apparently. The problem is not so much the tents but these people party, think Day visitor/picnic sites on a public holiday before the booze ban, that sort of party. Noise.

Still as next year holiday still has to go to the vote, we might not go. It is just that the plan must be complete in all details before the vote, which happens in our house between Christmas and New Year. So its going to be Kruger versus KZN. Interesting

RP I am one of those sad persons who like it hot, temp below 30 C, I will wear a jumper. Shade is nice though. 0*\

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

KZN sucks game-wise compared to Kruger, Soma! :twisted:

Those commercial tents aren't going to happen, IMO. They should have been up last year already and we are waiting for them if they do! :evil:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

somabhula

Post by somabhula »

Well hopefully they don't go up and the ones at P/Kop get removed. :-0 Will keep a close eye on developments.
If KZN wins out, we don't really go for the game viewing, save that for Kruger and KTP.

Return to “Camping”