Favourite Camping Spots in Kruger

Information & Discussions on Camping
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Favourite Camping Spots in Kruger

Post by Richprins »

=O:

Hello, leervis! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Hey folks,.... Punda also has a great camp terrain!!!

Jhust park off close to the pool terrain, wonderful
sounds of children coming to self in the bush...

I was like that!!! J'hust maybe that is why I am still
here,.. 0*\

Used to skid naked, soaped-up in the ablutions at LS,..

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

=O:

Don't know if LS still has that huge single public ablutions rondavel divided between male and female by only a low wall under the big roof?

As schoolkids we were amazed to shower and ablute while listening to the ladies jabbering away on the other side! :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Why does one forever try being attached to some scenario
in the past??? or maybe rather, in the confines of unreal space.
In this case, for me, Kruger was a good one!!

Hopefully my input may bring about some food for thought!!

Heh,.. H.e
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:=O:

Don't know if LS still has that huge single public ablutions rondavel divided between male and female by only a low wall under the big roof?

As schoolkids we were amazed to shower and ablute while listening to the ladies jabbering away on the other side! :twisted:
My Lower Sabie ablution experience O-/ O-/
I woke this morning dreading the public ablutions as being in a confined place with strangers all farting isn’t my scene, but eventually I built up the courage and took the plunge.

I’m not sure what the deal is with male public ablutions, but for some reason many seem to think it’s a meeting spot and the EH5/EH3 clan were having a social while shaving and brushing teeth, which when mixed with the odd bass drum coming from the bogs sounded like a bad rap song.

“Morning”

“Oggend”, “Oggend”, “Oggend” and “Oggend”

There also seems to be the assumption that all are Afrikaans and the social gang started rapping to me at speed, which made me feel like “deer in the head lights”, so in panic I charged into the nearest bog.

While sitting there I had a look around and realized just how scaly these ablutions were with spider webs all over the place and they were generally just dirty. There must be the assumption that those who stay in the cheaper units have a lower expectation when it comes to what’s acceptable.

I then wondered if the Cow and rats were also all hiding in the bog and burst out laughing, which silenced the confused social gang for a few seconds, so I had to peer through a hole in the door to make sure that they hadn’t ducked and ended up getting a bigger fright as the one chap had decided to dry himself out in the open.

Suddenly I heard running footsteps and a door slammed next to me, then silence followed by an explosion and then toxic gas poured into my hiding spot, so an immediate evacuation was in order and I burst from the bog, silencing the confused social in the process and skidded into a shower cubicle.

I eventually made it back to our unit rather weathered and the show could get on the road.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Yep, it's still there RP. O**

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Sounds fine, BC...man up and stop being such a racist... =O:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:Sounds fine, BC...man up and stop being such a racist... =O:
And you thought Lower Sabie was the best camp in Kruger 0- Maybe because you liked the ablution with the low wall as a teenager =O: 0:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Snob! @#$ 0*\

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Those ablutions were disgusting but apparently they have started renovations. -O-

Although, these are not the ablutions for the camping sites...I think those are fine. \O

Return to “Camping”