Essential Camping Equipment

Information & Discussions on Camping
Alf

Re: Essential Camping Equipment

Post by Alf »

Me getting tired just reading this :O^

Way too much effort to pitch a tent O**

I prefer unpacking the car within 5 minutes, then opening an ice cold beer and find myself sitting outside enjoying the wonders of the bush while my fellow tent people either struggle to pitch the tent in the rain or 40 degrees sun lol lol

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

PRWIN wrote:RobertT

Have the Belavista and extension, bit smaller than the photo on last page, Very easy to set up as long as you have the polls color coded, looking at +- 30min max to set up
Looked at the campmor one as well. I was going to get it but when I got to place and saw them set up. It the dome tent shape made the sleeping area seem small, I have the blow up queen double height bed and my son has a single double height bed. With the angle of the walls I would feel cramped. Have a misting fan that also goes in tent for heat.
I put the tent up yesterday alone and it took about 15mins without putting pegs, all poles are colour coded so wont have issues trying to figure that out.
I have a jumbo gazebo which I have bought side walls and end an end wall so can unpack stuff there. I generally put the trailer at end of gazebo with a cover from gazebo over the trailer, the freezer and foodstuff then stays in trailer which I close when we go for a drive to stop monkeys etc.

Alf I can stay 5 nights in tent to 1 night in BD3U at lower sabie. So for the hour setting up and breaking camp I get an extra 4 days accommodation. O** O**

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

:X: :X: :X: Don't agree Alf

Just imagine having a hyena, leopard or lion sleeping next to your tent, or pitching the tent with a lion close by with no fence or boundary to keep them out, having them walking under or through the camp at night while lying still in the tent listening to them. Nothing can beat camping in the bush :yes: :yes:

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

RobertT

I agree the dome does make it smaller. \O, sounds like a great set up

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

So a blow-up queen also essential, Robert? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Richprins wrote:So a blow-up queen also essential, Robert? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Was given to me for my birthday and although not essential will make things a little more comfortable. Easier for Tammy to get out of bed and make coffee. (she mustn't complain that I don't think of her comforts, =O: ) ^0^

harrys

Post by harrys »

I'm with Robert and PRWIN, nothing beats camping \O but I prefer a caravan O:V ,it takes 15 mins to jack the sides to make it steady and to pitch the rally and ground sheet and there you go cold beer in hand and enjoying nature and staying longer than in a hut and and and sleeping in my own bed O/\ O/\

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
PJL

Post by PJL »

Some caravans do have their perks \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Looks handmade and personalized lol lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Now, that's what I'd really call "essential" lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Camping”