Re: Why Black People don’t go Camping

Post by Flutterby »

=O: =O: ^Q^ ^Q^

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
ispeakbaobab

Post by ispeakbaobab »

Hey RP, here after a day of solid slog, relaxing with a glass of the ol' Safrican Chad's next to me, I decide to hook into my fav forum and 'cos I'm a camp chap of many years decided to see what the latest was on this topic AND BLOW BE DOWN ... SHIVER MY TIMBERS ... BY GOVE ... a non PC subject from RP himself .... well lets get stuck in then me thinks ... but no .... this Zimbo's bin there before and no joy so we'll tone it down to a cup final this time

For many years the LOML and I have had the pleasure of camping in the southern part of this 'T' Bone shaped continent and have noted a few interesting points regarding the lack of our native cit's in this great activity ...

Firstly, camping can be a real schlep if you don't get it right, in particular when the weather is inclement and it is pouring down or freeeezing cold, usually outside the tropical zones, and believe me, most of the natives I know are wise enough to know that this is not fun/a challenge/ getting back to nature/ or what ever else excuse us makiwas would like to label this past time, so they avoid it like swimming/sailing or what ever else honkey activity out there.

Let's give my/our native friends the benefit of their inherent experience and know that camping is an economic choice that has it's own outdoor benefits but sure doesn't surpass the benefits of a warm comfy soft bedded secure bug free pole & dagga/brick chalet/lodge close by that dreaded camp site where the guyropes overlap and the odours of one's neighbour waft into your thin fabric igloo (except in 'bobwe where your camping neighbour is 'katchana' away from you and at night you may after a beer or three think you have the whole bush site to yourself) X#X X#X

To teach a child not to step on a Chongololo is as beneficial to the child as it is to the Chongololo
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, ispeak!

The topic is rather about the article, but agreed...at the end of the day it has to do with finances and preferences, as with all of us Africans. Some black people may want to enjoy a tourist destination that only has camping facilities, and do so!

It really is a bit of a silly topic, other than simply addressing the tourism demographics of camp utilisation. -O-

But agreed no problem! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
ispeakbaobab

Post by ispeakbaobab »

Ja boet, not a very bright reply but one should take into considers that it is late and we're all off to put the heed on the beed

HOWEVER there are those of our natives who do enjoy the outdoor life and those who do not, which I guess relates to all of our 'RAINBOW' cultures

To teach a child not to step on a Chongololo is as beneficial to the child as it is to the Chongololo
leachy

Post by leachy »

:-) :-) :-) :-)
ispeakbaobab wrote:Ja boet, not a very bright reply but one should take into considers that it is late and we're all off to put the heed on the beed

HOWEVER there are those of our natives who do enjoy the outdoor life and those who do not, which I guess relates to all of our 'RAINBOW' cultures
:-0 :-) :-0 :-) :-0 :-) :-0

hey ispeakbaobab..........

there are a number of late replies on this forum that often go astray .......

your's was just as i imagined it would be .........
(i could hear you talking :shock: :shock: )

\O \O \O \O \O \O \O

the future is not what it used to be
ispeakbaobab

Post by ispeakbaobab »

:-0 :-0 :-0 Ja boet, knew my voice carries ..... but that's ridiculous ...... ;-) :O^
X#X X#X

Buttercuppy

Post by Buttercuppy »

This belongs in the archive... O** O** O** Big generalisations and a very old thread. O**

* My name is Babs *

... I ask people why they have animal heads on their walls. They always say because it's such beautiful animals. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her...
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:It really is a bit of a silly topic, other than simply addressing the tourism demographics of camp utilisation
\O
Buttercuppy wrote:This belongs in the archive... O** O** O**
\O

Buttercuppy

Post by Buttercuppy »

\O Craft

* My name is Babs *

... I ask people why they have animal heads on their walls. They always say because it's such beautiful animals. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her...

Return to “Camping”