Etosha

Information & Discussions on Namibia Game Parks
aat

Re: Etosha

Post by aat »

Ok.... listening to you I started a Namibia TR .... hope you gonna like it..

nan wrote:and the CIT O/\ O/\ O/\

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
vinkie

Post by vinkie »

I love Etosha....nice park, \O the last time I visited it is too long ago...should return soon.... O**

aat

Post by aat »

Hi Vinkie (alles goed daar ?)

For us it was more then 10 years ago we visited Namibia and the mistake was... we booked just one or two nights at several places , so we were driving too much....this time we stayed longer like 12 nights in Etosha and 5 nights in the Sossuvlei... very relaxed and a better way to our opinion. Etosha was "friendly" for us with many great sightings
vinkie wrote:I love Etosha....nice park, \O the last time I visited it is too long ago...should return soon.... O**

My Tuskers of Africa site with all named Tuskers of Kruger
https://www.tuskersofafrica.com
Please use this revised link to get to my website for Tuskers and Wildlife Photography. It's now a secured site
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I'll wait for the TT ;-) 0()

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
vinkie

Post by vinkie »

aat wrote:I started a Namibia TR ....
Which part of Namibia did you visit aat?

Can't seem to find your TR....will wait for the Travel tale to start ;-) ....wonder how Namibia and Etosha looks like now...have been there in 1999...and I loved it O:V

nan

Post by nan »

0/* have a look HERE ;-)

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
vinkie

Post by vinkie »

nan wrote:0/* have a look HERE ;-)
Thank you nan \O

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

PRWIN wrote:Sat Sep 03, 2011
Thanks BVJ

:D Also all camp sites are numbered and they check them every night. If anyone breaks the rules they have no problem in fining them as what happened when people went off road to see Cheetah. South Africa was playing soccer during the world cup at the time and they left immediately on reporting it to go and investigate. I also saw them sitting at water holes and if anyone decided to get half out the car the ranger sorted that out immediately. What a pleasure.

We never camp at the numbered campsites at Okakeujo at the ablution Blocks (The only place which are numbered) as it is far too crowded and cramped (Overland trucks etc) and instead camp at the far fence on the gate side..We shower at the vehicle as we are completely self sufficient and we are all on our own and for 2 nights last trip we had mating lions to ourselves throughout both nights 3 metres from my bed. Never seen the law at waterholes either :-) As a Child we used to camp around the waterhole at Okakeujo with the works walking through/past ...those days are gone and its all very commercial now

Mabuasehube and Caprivi are calling
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

What a great set up \O Are you sure that it is camping and not an extraordinary offer of some kind of luxury lodge? =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Polentswa wrote:

We never camp at the numbered campsites at Okakeujo at the ablution Blocks (The only place which are numbered) as it is far too crowded and cramped (Overland trucks etc) and instead camp at the far fence on the gate side..We shower at the vehicle as we are completely self sufficient and we are all on our own and for 2 nights last trip we had mating lions to ourselves throughout both nights 3 metres from my bed. Never seen the law at waterholes either :-) As a Child we used to camp around the waterhole at Okakeujo with the works walking through/past ...those days are gone and its all very commercial now

They have changed the set up there and all those camp sites away from the ablution Block to the fence have been numbered as well

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography

Return to “All you need to know about Namibia Game Parks”