A late Kgalagadi TR

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: A late Kgalagadi TR

Post by Lisbeth »

Great sequence ^Q^ ^Q^ Only one thing missing: a photo with the cheetah and the springbok together. Sorry, it is really asking too much :o0ps: ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Dindingwe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:12 pm Amazing series of the hunt and kill :shock: :shock:

I have never tried but I suppose it is not easy to follow a running Cheetah through the lens. I find the result excellent, with clear-cut shots, very good positionning and attitude of the animal and so on...

Poor Springbok, with its fellow companions watching the kill...

I have one question about your post-treatment. Personnally, I tend to apply the least post-treatment as possible so that the picture remains closest to natural. I understand that we can saturate a bit an image to make it more "dramatic". What I don't undestand is that you apply a different post-treatment to the photos of a same series, so your cheeaths appear sometimes more "yellowish" and sometimes more "redish". I don't have any real preference, but I think they should appear the same way for the harmony of the whole series. The same for the Jackal pups (which are sooo cute by the way).

For me, colourwise, the last of the Jackal pups is the "best" (more natural), and for the Cheetah, maybe the 5th.
It is different post treatment as they where done on different time's, the last lot where pulled out and done for the TR and not on the same method I normally use, have changed it a bit, always playing, Also the light and colour can change as all the shots where shot into the sun or close to that. This case different times the pp work was done.
Klipspringer wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm Nature at its best :-0 And you got it superbely on camera ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks Klipspringer
Lisbeth wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:44 pm Great sequence ^Q^ ^Q^ Only one thing missing: a photo with the cheetah and the springbok together. Sorry, it is really asking too much :o0ps: ;-)
That happened behind us and on the other side of the road, we where way out of position for that as I thought he was going to go for those in front and to the left of us

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Awesome cheetah shots, PRWIN O/\

alsolove the cape foxes, the young jackals and the meerkats \O

As Always your shots are magnificent :ty:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
PJL

Post by PJL »

Really great cheetah sequence - great capture ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Astounding shots and luck, Peter! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Fantastic shots PRWIN!! Well done!! ^Q^ ^Q^

I've always wanted to see a cheetah in full sprint...lucky you!! :-0 :-0

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Also on my bucket list :yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Pumbaa wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:45 pm Awesome cheetah shots, PRWIN O/\

alsolove the cape foxes, the young jackals and the meerkats \O

As Always your shots are magnificent :ty:
Thanks Pumba
PJL wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:49 pm Really great cheetah sequence - great capture ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks PJL
Richprins wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:34 am Astounding shots and luck, Peter! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Luck :shock: :shock: :shock: That is skill O** O** O** =O: =O: =O: =O: Thanks RP
Flutterby wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:01 am Fantastic shots PRWIN!! Well done!! ^Q^ ^Q^

I've always wanted to see a cheetah in full sprint...lucky you!! :-0 :-0
Thanks Flutterby
Lisbeth wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am Also on my bucket list :yes:
Thanks Lisbeth, next I want him to run directly at me with the leg sweep and the buck air born , of course with a lot of dust. I have placed my order for feb O** O** O** =O: =O: =O:

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

We did not stay around too long after the kill as me and SG are not big fan's seeing a animal eat another one

we left and went looking for the fox den

Coming back for brunch we stopped at the Cheetah again

What I forgot to mention is that the game drive from the lodge got the message and came back in time, Well the two guests where really happy, it was there first time in the kgalagadi, 2 game drives and 2 cheetah kills and hunt :shock: :shock: :yes: :yes:

We packed and left after brunch, we now had 4 hours to kill before we could book in at Kielie Krankie , decided to drive the dune route over to the aoub

at Houmoed we found a martail

and another in a tree

Just past Houmoed going to twee Riviern we spotted some more cheetah

It was a mother and two sub adults

It was now getting late so we went back to kielie krankie to book in , we where given no 4 for the last night stay in the park

Alf

Post by Alf »

You really had amazing luck ^Q^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”