PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: 18 nights of Solitude at Rooiputs

Post by Lisbeth »

Beautiful cheetah's ^Q^

It might still rain, with a bit of luck :yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Pinkish cheetahs - love'em :-0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

What its all about Where we are going to be in 30 days time ..Campsite 3 only 10 nights this year ...CANT wait ..No fences and pure nature all around

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I picked up a lioness right at the turn off to Rooiputs. She chose to go North along the private track solely reserved for Rooiputs camp and the 1 Lodge game viewer. I idled 20 metres to her left on the main T Rivieren - Nossob road ..After a Km I noticed the Lodge Landy ahead ..They are permitted to go out at 06h45 and the camp 15 minutes later at 07h00 that is why they were here first ..They were facing ahead on the private track and the lioness was closing behind them and was now 100 metres ..Noisy Italians on the back ..Normally the driver of that landy always keeps his guests totally quiet which I love. Should I go ahead and warn them ?? No lets listen to the Italian reaction as the lioness brushes past their open vehicle in total silence =O: =O: =O: =O: . The lioness and I arrived at the same time ..and she was sniffing the back rack where the Breakfast Cooler box is NORMALLY carried on that vehicle...it was today on the back seat. The friendly driver turned to my now switched off bakkie and asked me if they could follow me at a long distance as he said I always find lions early in the morning .. I said 'Don't worry I will make it easy on you ..if you keep your noisy guests quiet and Don't turn your engine on..I will show you a lioness' Where is she ..??' he asked ..I said 'Almost under the back of your vehicle!!' This great Botswana guide ..(Wish the Kruger Guides were like him ) smiled and quietly told his guests to be quiet ..as 'This magician in the Bakkie will bring you your lion. ' They all looked at me in disbelief just as the lioness gave up sniffing at the back and casually brushed past the vehicle ..Wide eyed Italians DELUXE!! as we both started our vehicles to follow but not before the Guide roared with laughter and said 'White mans magic!!'..We are truly great friends and help each other every morning ..Hope he is still there next month
Lodge Lioness.jpg

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Great story! lol \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Nice to meet people with a healthy sense of humour ^Q^ ^Q^ lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Stupid Italians! =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

They might not be stupid, but certainly noisy and bad-mannered ..... in this case ;-)

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”