Sightings WOW, photos not so... (Oct 2018)

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Sightings WOW, photos not so... (Oct 2018)

Post by Mel »

That night, the lionesses were back in a different constellation - the big bellied mum to be as well as two others. They hung out at the waterhole for quite some time before moving into the same dunes that the males and the single female had earlier in the day. As a matter of fact, we could still see them snoozing in the dunes the next morning. lol

But way more exciting was the jackal's call in the middle of the night - announcing another leopard! :shock: O\/
DSC_3092_00001_00001.jpg
It's a rather poor shot, but it seemed that none of the neighbours had woken up, so our torch was the only one to offer extra light next to the floodlight which makes it difficult to get anything decent over the distance between units and waterhole. And after all, our last full day was already saved - the Kgalagadi had given us our farewell gift. O:V

Oh, and I did need ID help on that one. Matthew was pretty sure it's the Auchterlonie Female which I'm very happy about because she is a quite mature leopard by now and any sighting could be the last.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

How on earth did the cub manage to run with that kind of full belly? She is just about to burst =O:

I have tried to compare your leopard pic with mine, but yours is a bit dark :-? Maybe if I print them and put them next to each other -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Lisbeth wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:35 pm How on earth did the cub manage to run with that kind of full belly? She is just about to burst =O:
That's what I thought :twisted: lol

As for the leopard… if you need extra occupation lol But Matthew wouldn't give a name if he wasn't sure \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

\O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ again, Mello!

What an unusual view of the cheetah belly! lol \O

Looks like there are a lot of flies indeed - hopefully it is just when they have made a kill? :-(

A great day indeed! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

More great cheetah pics ^Q^ and wonderful to see another leopard! :yes:

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

And more brilliant cheetah shots, Mel \O

and yes one day we will definitely be back to KTP \O

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
PJL

Post by PJL »

Fabulous cheetah sightings Mel ^Q^ ^Q^

And a leopard to round off a successful day O\/ O\/

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Sightings WOW, photos WOW ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Wonderful encounters with the cheetah moms and offspring. O/\ O/\ No such thing as too many photos - yours are exceptional [O]

(What date was this duel sighting (Corinne plus Hanri)? 10/10? We saw Corinne numerous times and almost always with a kill - super mom!)

On a side note - do you happen to know what coalition of 4 young adult cheetahs was seen around Craig Lockhart area around Sept. 21, 22, 23 -O-
:ty: EDIT: I've ID'd them as the Muskateers \O

I have wanted to see a caracal again SO BAD, don't even need a pic, but not to be, so am so happy you saw them!!! O\/ O\/

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Great photo's Mel, just returned with not very good lion sightings, made it up with cheetah. Also had a lot of very quite days with 6 lion sightings in one day to make up for the quite days =O: =O: =O:

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”