Browns in Kruger October 2018

Pumbaa

Re: Browns in Kruger October 2018

Post by Pumbaa »

Thanks for the hint where to the those barn owls at LS - Will for sure look out for them next February \O

The S139 is always an amazing road even when same is quiet O/\

Lovely lion and jackal sightings on your way out of the park and also love your birdies X#X

For sure it was an incredible number of leopards you saw during your stay :-0

:ty: for a more than wonderful report X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

What an incredible mini-adventure for you and your family ^Q^ ^Q^ , and all of us as well. O/\ O/\

Always enjoy your TTs and know I will see more leopards in ONE of your TTs than I have in ALL of my Kruger visits combined. :o0ps: X#X

Every family's adventures are so special, and the trail of experiences you leave with your children are priceless. Lucky kids, you and the Cow should be very proud of the time and effort you have both put into these immutable memories. :yes: :yes: ^Q^ ^Q^

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Thanks for sharing another amazing Brown adventure! ^Q^ ^Q^

Can you give me some clues where to find leopard around Lower Sabie and Satara? ;-) Going in Jan with my brother who hasn't been to Kruger in over 30 years, and would love to be able to find some spots for him! O:V

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I love the colours of the bee-eater \O

Another Brown Kruger adventure has come to an end :-( Definitely very dense with special sightings, especially the leopards :-0

Thank you so much, BC, The Cow, Hawkeyes, Bushpig and Albert X#X O0 O0 O0 O0 0/0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:30 pm The buffalo look in good condition, much better than previous years! :-0

Yes, no problem with putting water out, of course not, and staff should do it... O** (do they still irrigate the lawns?)

We were watching the rugby at Olifants with equal drama technically! Snap! =O:

Nice bush walk tradition you have going there! :yes: X#X

Ja, BC, it is a schlepp cheerleading on your reports, but what can one do? -O- :no:

:ty: ;-)
Agreed, the buffalo are looking much better O:V

The staff used to put water in those little rock pond things when Gordon was there :-(

The rugby result caused a major pelican throughout the family =O: =O: 0*\

Ja, too much of the same thing can bore...………. 0:

:ty:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Alf wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:21 pm Another amazing report BC.

You make us all feel bad with all your cat sightings \O

But i will still stick to the northern part thank you :-0

I can't handle these roadblocks and rude people. It spoils my holiday and create a very bad mood inside the car..... 0*\
This was a good trip Alf, some days are still a battle for cat sightings. 0:

Ja, the crowds in the south and the attitudes of some who visit the south is a problem for me also O/ With only a short duration in the park we prefer to maximise the chances in areas that produce more sighting of what we want to see, however I see there are many more leopard sightings popping up in the north lately. ..0..

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RogerFraser wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:12 pm ^Q^ What another great whirlwind cat tour .

It looks like the Browns had great trip \O

Howzit Roger 0/* 0/*

It was a good trip X#X

Just too short :-(

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Pumbaa wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 pm Thanks for the hint where to the those barn owls at LS - Will for sure look out for them next February \O

The S139 is always an amazing road even when same is quiet O/\

Lovely lion and jackal sightings on your way out of the park and also love your birdies X#X

For sure it was an incredible number of leopards you saw during your stay :-0

:ty: for a more than wonderful report X#X
Those barn owls have been there for a fair length of time now and seem to be locals, so you should be lucky \O

The S139, one just never knows lol and we normally feel alone while on it which is cool.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

ExFmem wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:44 am What an incredible mini-adventure for you and your family ^Q^ ^Q^ , and all of us as well. O/\ O/\

Always enjoy your TTs and know I will see more leopards in ONE of your TTs than I have in ALL of my Kruger visits combined. :o0ps: X#X

Every family's adventures are so special, and the trail of experiences you leave with your children are priceless. Lucky kids, you and the Cow should be very proud of the time and effort you have both put into these immutable memories. :yes: :yes: ^Q^ ^Q^
This was our main adventure for the year ExFmem, all 9 days of it =O: =O: Things are getting a little "tight" for Saffies at the moment.....and 3 teenage rats and a Cow cost plenty :shock: =O: O-/

I 100% agree with you on the memories and experiences because moments, not all =O: , on these family holidays have been priceless \O \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Flutterby wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 am Thanks for sharing another amazing Brown adventure! ^Q^ ^Q^

Can you give me some clues where to find leopard around Lower Sabie and Satara? ;-) Going in Jan with my brother who hasn't been to Kruger in over 30 years, and would love to be able to find some spots for him! O:V
Any road leaving Lower Sabie, even the H10 at the moment, is producing leopard Flutts \O The only month I haven't visited now is January :-? but I find the H4-1 very quiet from February to May, January may be ok still. Last year January the H1-3 was cooking and the S147 when up in the Satara area is producing leopard every day at the moment.

We follow the sighting groups for at least 2 weeks before each trip, mark leopard sightings each day on a map and then follow the maps \O Well, mostly follow them 0: Have you gone through the "leopards of knp" facebook site - the album section is worth a look, we found at least 3 of these "identified" leopards this trip.

Once done with the "research" timing is the main thing left and that's mostly luck 0:

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”