Groundhog Day: Pretoriuskop Over and Over Winters 2018-22

Alf

Re: Groundhog Day: Pretoriuskop Over and Over Winter 2018

Post by Alf »

Richprins wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 am Sorry, I meant "theer are a little bit of tar"... :o0ps:
=O: =O: =O: =O:

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Lovely views along that road but normally we do not have that luck there O:V

Nyamundwa is always a nice place to rest and watch X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I will never understand why people have to be online while sitting at a waterhole in a park 0- O** lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

This was for the project, Mello! ^0^

An elephant at Shabeni, probably the same one that chased the WOF people a week before! :twisted:

q.jpg
It were hot, as Alf would say, and Dwarf were REALLY enjoying his tea immensely. ;-) \O

Then disaster struck...we reached "Storyteller's Junction." :no: :-(

q1.jpg

This is a nightmare ritual that happens now and again should one be traveling here with Dwarf, and he asks "Can I tell you a little story about this place?". I have normally forgotten the story, so I say certainly! \O

But Dwarf is a government employee, so everything takes very long... <zz>

The story is that one day many years ago he came to this junction and had to decide whether to turn right and exit at Numbi, or to turn left and go and camp at Pretoriuskop, going to work early the next morning! ;-)

Something told him to turn left...it was like a premonition... :O^

Then he was all alone with a big male lion which bit his towbar and moved the car around and blah blah blah etc. Stole his rubber plug cover blahblah. O**

Anyway, as mentioned elsewhere one of my pet hates is DITHERERS!! Tourists who stop at a junction and then start trying to figure out where to go, pull out maps, reverse, stop again, look at the map again etc. FFS! Just PLAN your trips in the morning!!! One day when I have lost the rest of my mind I am going to sit near a junction with a submachine gun and should I spot ditherers I shall approach and give them 10 seconds to make up their minds and go somewhere. O/ :evil:

Now we were doing exactly that! /ou/

Off we eventually went to make drunch at the Day Visitors Area.

An interesting pic:
q2.jpg

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

Bla bla bla bla........

I were hot :-0 :-0

O** O**

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

At the picnic area we sat for a while wondering how it works, as there are no attendants.

Eventually I went to the only other people, a Jeep Jockey tour group of Colonial Masters, and asked the pretty guide where she had organised their skottel? One has to phone the camp and they bring you one...sort of like Amazon. The system changes now and again. Anyway, we just borrowed theirs as they had finished, tried our best to clean it, and had a sumptuous meal of mostly eggs and bangers (still left from the Momprins trip) combined with scraps of chicken, noodles and whatever else was left on the skottel... O-/

The mistake was using my brand new spatula that Momprins had bought me, and leaving it in Dwarf's car. That is now also gone, which makes it two spatulas he owes me. (0!)

Off to Mestel Dam again to watch rugby, as there were no animals besides hippo, as usual! \O

q3.jpg

Very scenic though, in the late afternoon! :-0

q4.jpg

Then back to camp after rugby, with sun setting.

q6.jpg

A herd of sable near Numbi! :-0

q5.jpg

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

And another visit to the hyenas! :twisted:

This time a new setup AGAIN...cubs all over the place without adult supervision! 0-

q7.jpg

More flash-photography required! O:V

q8.jpg

But camera also good without flash! O:V

q9.jpg

Back to meet Thirstyleach at camp for another lekker braai - no eclipse that night? -O-

One downer was that we had a group of weekend locals next to us who were screamers both nights. It boggles the mind how one can have 8 people screaming simultaneously at the TOP of their voices at each other, in what seems to be casual conversation? How does actual communication take place? 0: :-? 0-

But they didn't carry on all night, as the couples would pair off and vanish after victuals. O** O:V

And next morning out chop-chop, leachy and I, before Dwarf woke up! =O: :twisted:

END of this segment.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

For adventure's sake, from time to time you have to hesitate on the road to take ;-)

You must have posted at least ten pics of Mestel Dam the last few days =O: Nice pic though \O

Sweet little hyenas, but not for long :twisted:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

One day I shall see animals drinking at Mestel, if it takes me 20 years! lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Good luck! lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”