Browns in Kruger October 2017

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger October 2017

Post by Bushcraft »

Lisbeth wrote:That was definitely a nice cheetah sighting apart from ......... :O^

And the traffic simply scares you away O-/
A lucky sighting Lisbeth, if we had arrived 20 minutes later they would have been gone \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

PJL wrote:Really great cheetah sighting O\/ O\/ ^Q^ ^Q^

As Flutts was saying... there must be oil-slicks all over the park what with the greasing going on :-? lol

Traffic sounds crazy! It always is along that section, but a queue of cars for 500m doesn't sound like fun --00-- 0:
Pelican, even at the cheetah sighting PJL =O: 0:

It wasn't a queue luckily, but rather cars parked along the side of the road, with the odd gap between them, for at least 500m O/

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RogerFraser wrote:\O \O Wow great cheetah sighting BC ^Q^

Those look like some naughty ellies lol

O/ Traffic @#$
Thanks Roger \O The roads were crazy busy O/

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:Ja, the 12-1 o'clock check-in! O/\

But we had to leave earlier too... :-(

Unique triple cheetah pic there, Bushy! :-0 :twisted:

How many cars do you reckon for the "mega-jam"? lol
Leaving early doesn't bother most RP O**

More than 100 cars RP, but parked along the side of the road with the only odd gap where a tree blocked the view across the riverbed. The lions were on the other side of the river lying half asleep, so the sighting was a very long way off and only visible with binoculars which is why I couldn't understand the massive interest. :-?

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

PennyinSA wrote:Lovely to see my favourite family in the park. Never a dull moment when they are around!! 0/* 0/* 0/*
Howzit Penny 0/* 0/* Always great fun linking up with you guys while in the park X#X

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

6th Lower Sabie

We were all rather faulty this morning with fevers again, but the Cow and Hawkeyes had gotten much worse, so it was a slower start than normal.

It was a cloudy miserable morning and the Lubyelubye pride was parking off in their usual spot trying for the odd ray of sun.
1.jpg
1.jpg (111.93 KiB) Viewed 287 times
We soon got bored of the sleeping lion and continued on to some mobile lion a few km before Nkuhlu but as I pulled over for a pic some chop pulled in front of me totally blocking our view. My mood was rather touchy already, but I tried to remain calm and moved further to the side so that at least some of us had a view, but seconds later the “@$&*” moved in front of us again and more cars piled in behind him.

“Stuff this, I have a few pics, let’s go!”
2.jpg
2.jpg (105.72 KiB) Viewed 287 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (85.19 KiB) Viewed 287 times
I jammed the car in reverse and took off backwards while the Cow jabbered “Watch the car, a bush, etc!”.

Peace returned on the drive back towards Lower Sabie, but nothing much was out and about besides the sleeping Lubyelubye lion pride which had built up another gang of cars, so we just ducked passed as soon as a gap opened up.

I was feeling rather “miff” with the crowded roads by the time we reached Sunset dam, so pulled over to sulk while the Cow took pics of some of the locals.
4.jpg
4.jpg (101.2 KiB) Viewed 287 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (102.54 KiB) Viewed 287 times
It was still fairly early so we decided to drive down the H4-2 until we reached the S28 turnoff and around 1km before the S28 a lioness cruised out of the bush and along the road next to us for around 100m before ducking down into the riverbed.
6.jpg
6.jpg (157.76 KiB) Viewed 287 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (85.37 KiB) Viewed 287 times
It was now only about 9am but the Cow and Hawkeyes were properly faulty with fevers and the rest of us weren’t feeling much better so we decided to duck back to camp and we all went to lie down.

I couldn’t sleep as usual, so soon gave up and went to vegetate on the veranda, but my peace didn’t last long as the 2 junior rats pulled in and started hassling, therefore just after 12pm I loaded them in the car for to go for a spin, but Hawkeyes and the Cow weren’t functional so they stayed in camp.

I wasn’t interested in looking for animals and I was faulty on pills, so I let the junior rats run the show which was a risk.

2 minutes into the drive Bushpig had connected to my radio via Bluetooth and some teenage rock band thing was playing and then the sing along choir started which made my ears bleed even more, but they seemed to be having fun so I mentally switched off and drove aimlessly towards Croc Bridge as that’s the route they had chosen.

A few of the normal clan popped up but just before Croc Bridge I made the choir shut up as cars announced that something was up ahead.

The Shishangeni males appeared and a couple of lionesses were checking them out while some teenagers were checking us out.
8.jpg
8.jpg (127.59 KiB) Viewed 287 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (100.86 KiB) Viewed 287 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (139.04 KiB) Viewed 287 times

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Penny and Bobby suddenly appeared next to us, so we chatted for a few minutes while watching the lions before they moved on to Croc Bridge and we turned to head back and only stopped again for a close up of a GHB on the road.
11.jpg
11.jpg (69.36 KiB) Viewed 287 times
To be continued

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Plenty of lion around! 0/* Nice to see the males. :yes:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

In the long run even lions get boring. All of you being more or less sick certainly does not help enjoying a trip and it also makes one edgy, which especially in your case certainly is not necessary --00-- ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Whaha! BC cruising listening to teenage music! =O: =O: =O:

You are mellowing! ^0^ X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”