The Flutterlings of Africa

Twigga

Re: The Flutterlings of Africa

Post by Twigga »

What a fantastic LOR sighting
^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ O/\ O/\ O/\ O\/ O\/ O\/ X#X X#X X#X 0() 0()

Somewhere in Kruger
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

PJL wrote:Fantastic leopard sighting ^Q^ ^Q^ O\/ O\/
Flutterby wrote:Unfortunately, I was so excited that I was shaking, so the pics are a bit blurred!
Yep I know all about that 0*\ =O: =O: \O
Glad I'm not the only one!
lol \O
Twigga wrote:What a fantastic LOR sighting
^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ O/\ O/\ O/\ O\/ O\/ O\/ X#X X#X X#X 0() 0()
It was, thanks Twigga. ;-)

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Day 6, 26 April 2017, Lower Sabie

We got onto the S65 and presumed the leopard was still around as there was major traffic on this road. :O^ We eventually made it to the rocky outcrop where the leopard and her cubs had been seen regularly over the past couple of weeks, along with lots of other vehicles. :O^ We parked at the back of the scrum and got the binocs out as we were quite far away. We couldn't see anything at first, but suddenly I spotted mom lying on top of a rock in the shade, and not long after that the cubs appeared! O/\ These pics are really not great as we were just that little bit too far away.

The cubs were climbing all over mom. :-0

I just love this pic...look at that little bum!! :-0

The only pic I managed of both cubs.

Mom eventually got fed up being used as a jungle gym and disappeared behind the rock, followed closely by the cubs.

Up until now we had been parked on the side of the road closest to the sighting. We then saw a gap further up in the scrum on the other side of the road, so decided to move there, and found her again.

There must have been over 30 vehicles at this stage, but everyone had parked on the sides of the road leaving the middle lane open...until the OSV's appeared. :O^ I realise that they had to use this lane to get through but being so much larger than normal vehicles, they completely blocked the view of everyone on the far side of the road. At one stage, there must have been about 8 OSV's making their way through, and each one would stop to let their passengers take a look and take pics. After sitting for about 15 minutes staring at the side of these trucks Mommo had had enough and said it was time to leave. The Brat was very upset...he has the patience of Job and would happily have sat there all day, after all it's not everyday you see leopard cubs. I could have sided with the Brat, but Mommo is a master at the art of sulking, so we took one last pic and the Brat managed to do a wheel spin as we drove off, showing his displeasure! 0'

harrys

Post by harrys »

WOW WOW what a awesome sighting ^Q^ ^Q^ I will give my front teeth to have a sighting like that :-0 :-0

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

What a pity that the best sightings are ruined by too many cars, not to talk about the OSVs O**

All of a sudden there are leopard cubs around in the TTs. I have never seen any in a TT before.......I think -O-
^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ Same mother and juniors we found and in the same spot by the look of it. Fortunately I only had 2 cars, but the one was a faulty OSV driver who pushed his way in front of us O/

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Lisbeth wrote:What a pity that the best sightings are ruined by too many cars, not to talk about the OSVs O**

All of a sudden there are leopard cubs around in the TTs. I have never seen any in a TT before.......I think -O-
^Q^ ^Q^
It must be an April thing =O: We haven't found a cub since July 2014 and 7 that I can remember since 2008 prior to this April (all in TT's here Lisbeth O** ), but then suddenly 4 this April, so there's a leopard junior explosion in KNP O:V O:V

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

2014 is 3 years ago ^0^ =O: =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
All-Nature

Post by All-Nature »

^Q^ ^Q^ Just adore the little cubs \O ..Precious little things!! :-0 :-0

“Adopt the pace of Nature Her secret is patience”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Nice, Flutts!

Ja, agree with Mommo on this one! lol

Wonder if it's the same daily scrum as on the "driving in Kruger" thread? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”