The Flutterlings of Africa

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: The Flutterlings of Africa

Post by Lisbeth »

At least you had some bum shots lol

The boons are not bad ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

lot of bums 0/*

love the peace pipe =O: =O: =O:
and the other O-/ seems to be a little bit xxx or :-?

the chance to find a Perlie O/\
nice atmosphere with all these braais \O

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

A boon with weed =O: O:V Some look like they have been partaking all day =O: =O: =O:

Plenty rear views :shock:

I would have had a meltdown regarding leopard, but in March/April/May it’s tough. 0: The “brown Discovery” mates (I’m nervous to put their names up without permission) I mentioned in my TT are leopard finding masters in KNP and it’s the only animal they look specifically for and they went 4 days this April with no leopard sightings and that’s unheard of for them. (They generally average 2 or 3 a day – sometimes 6 or 7 a day in the winter months)

All-Nature

Post by All-Nature »

WOW! So many interesting and great sightings alround ^Q^ \O

:ty: For sharing your super TT O/\

“Adopt the pace of Nature Her secret is patience”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Still more than wonderful bird sightings, Flutterby,

plus the baboon on the bridge ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

I also want to know how Bushcraft is managing to always find the right roads or places leading the the spotted beauties.... O** O** O**

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
PJL

Post by PJL »

Yep some nice bum shots there Flutts lol \O
I think the Salitjie road was still closed after that dam broke and took out the road -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Naughty baboons! @#$

But great pics! lol

That setup at the houses looks a bit un-private, Flutts...Dimwits won't work there... :no:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lisbeth wrote:At least you had some bum shots lol

The boons are not bad ^Q^ ^Q^
Lots of bum shots! 0*\
nan wrote:lot of bums 0/*

love the peace pipe =O: =O: =O:
and the other O-/ seems to be a little bit xxx or :-?

the chance to find a Perlie O/\
nice atmosphere with all these braais \O

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^
Thanks nan. \O
Bushcraft wrote:A boon with weed =O: O:V Some look like they have been partaking all day =O: =O: =O:

Plenty rear views :shock:

I would have had a meltdown regarding leopard, but in March/April/May it’s tough. 0: The “brown Discovery” mates (I’m nervous to put their names up without permission) I mentioned in my TT are leopard finding masters in KNP and it’s the only animal they look specifically for and they went 4 days this April with no leopard sightings and that’s unheard of for them. (They generally average 2 or 3 a day – sometimes 6 or 7 a day in the winter months)
6 or 7 leoaprds in one day?! :shock: Wow, that's crazy! 0-
All-Nature wrote:WOW! So many interesting and great sightings alround ^Q^ \O

:ty: For sharing your super TT O/\
Thanks for popping in AN! \O
Pumbaa wrote:Still more than wonderful bird sightings, Flutterby,

plus the baboon on the bridge ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

I also want to know how Bushcraft is managing to always find the right roads or places leading the the spotted beauties.... O** O** O**
Nice birds, bad pics! :O^ BC, steals all the leopard sightings for himself! :twisted:
PJL wrote:Yep some nice bum shots there Flutts lol \O
I think the Salitjie road was still closed after that dam broke and took out the road -O-
Ja, we worked that out eventually. :yes:
Richprins wrote:Naughty baboons! @#$

But great pics! lol

That setup at the houses looks a bit un-private, Flutts...Dimwits won't work there... :no:
Boons are always naughty. :twisted: Ja RP, those huts are not private at all so not good for a large group. :no:

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Day 6, 26 April 2017, Lower Sabie

We had reached our last day in the park and the Brat was desperate and, determined, to find leopard!! 0' On the day we had arrived in the park we had driven along the S65 and come across a few cars that were looking for the leopard with the cubs (the same ones BC saw), but there was no sign of them that day. The previous night our neighbours told us they had seen the mom but not the cubs, so we decided to try our luck on the S65 again as she was obviously not in a hurry to move the cubs. The Brat took the wheel but as we left camp he decided to turn left to have a quick look at the bridge as we had heard the lions again all night. But before we got to the bridge, the cars ahead of us stopped at a private road. The male lion that we had been hearing was strolling down the private road. Unfortunately we couldn't follow him, and we couldn't get pics because it was still too dark, so we turned around and headed up the H4-1. About an hour after leaving camp I heard the Brat exclaim in a whisper "YES, YES, YES!!!" - there on the side of the road was a beautiful leopard, all to ourselves!! O/\ O/\ Finally! :-0 Unfortunately, I was so excited that I was shaking, so the pics are a bit blurred! 0*\

She was very interested in the grass on the side of the road, sniffing it intently and not paying too much attention to us.

Sadly, she didn't stay on the road too long, but she didn't move off...something in the grass was keeping her interest but it was hard to keep track of her. Other cars started to arrive and we tried to explain where she was in the long grass, while trying to keep an eye on her. Our neighbours from the other side of us at LS arrived and after explaining where we'd last seen her they reversed and we saw them taking photographs, so we reversed and found her again.

She eventually moved off but we were ecstatic to have finally found a leopard! :yes:

We carried on towards the S65 and saw a hyena and a fair amount of other game, but nothing to hold us up.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

A fantastic leopard sighting ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ :-0

Where exactly was that Flutts :-?

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”