Browns in Kruger April 2017

Bushcraft

Re: Browns in Kruger April 2017

Post by Bushcraft »

All-Nature wrote::shock: Totally gobsmacked at the incredible Leopard sightings you had ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Those Leopard cubs tooooo adorable for words O/\ O/\ How lucky!! \O

Dogs, cats around each corner :shock: ....Just amazing not to mention all the other stunning sightings and Pics ^Q^ ^Q^

:ty: for sharing ....Loved catching up :-0
Thanks AN for catching up and for commenting \O This trip felt like a struggle for good sightings due to the long grass, but the odd good sighting still popped up \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think your TT is the last on my list that I haven't able to follow in real time 0*\
But tonight's the night because I certainly don't wanna miss the drama and the fun of a Brown Trip!

First up: What's a curry bun? And is it the hot spice that causes the poisoning for you?
Offending or not... If I had eaten the pregos RP brought for the meet, my Kruger time would have been over,
so I always choose to be rude :o0ps: (I did take the beer though! lol )

That leopard cub in the tree looks still quite intact, so I guess it was a rather fresh casualty.
What a waste of that beautiful animal :O^ (Yeah, I know about nature being nature and all :twisted: )

Your lions and jackals in the grass look very familiar - lots of those kind of sightings as well, but since we
didn't know better, we didn't really feel as disappointed. Plus, it's always good to have first-timers in tow -
their enthusiasm is contagious lol

HIgh five to the Cow for making you stop for the birdies too. Some great photos all the way through \O

Honestly, after having met you lot, I cannot imagine the girls scraping over stuff and it's equally hard to
picture huffing and puffing between you and the Cow O**

You made friends with an OSV driver =O: Who would have thought!?
(Notice how I try to avoid talking about all your leopard sightings apart from that cub in the tree... --> :-0 :-0 :-0 )

Ja... the 8th at Biyamiti... What a pity that we never managed to get there that night... I had so planned to go
to the weir too, but with only one night left at the camp, we decided to make the most of it rather than driving.

Seeing how you find leopards in places where everyone misses them, I don't want to consider just how many we
probably will have passed none the wiser with our eyes not being trained on Kruger terrain at all 0*\

Dustbin juice =O: =O: =O: (I would have rushed off too though to clean up!)

Totally agree that we had way too little time. Sounds like you had a fun evening though after the afternoon's
disappointment of missing to photograph that cobra arguing with the mongoose. However, at least you got to see
it. Something I certainly would have appreciated in addition to our otherwise rather slow sightings... And that
leopard cub still has my teeth hang out as you would put it lol

Oh, and you probably never managed to find RP and myself because we were probably out of everybody's way
to be able to move me to the SO's car again without getting handcuffed for breaking any rules 0:

Awesome lion sighting in the road!!!

4 cheetahs on the H6 on the 11th... aha... wonder if of 4 of them made it through the night... But you certainly
got the better view of them. Ours was more like your first capture :O^

Wild dogs... I think, we might have been extremely lucky on those. Or at least I would like to believe that seeing
that we never saw a leopard :X: And you even found yet another cub, or rather two... incredible! :shock:

Your car windows... 0*\ 0*\ 0*\ And some typical Brown Drama again during the storm. As always, I am sure it
wasn't the least kind of funny when it happened, but unfortunately the way you relay it to us here, it makes me giggle -O-
Seems we left the park just on time to escape that extreme weather condition :shock:

Next time we're going to support you at the Cattle Baron - we always look like last day scally clothes because that's all
we take when we go parking. No point for looking proper when sitting and sweating in the car the whole day anyway :twisted:
I don't get why some people dress up for the animals =O:

Concluding, I must say that even with the grass being so high you did very well on your sightings and once again didn't lack
the major stuff neither in quantity nor in quality!

Enjoy my evening read big time! Thanks for writing it all up. I'm still on day one or so 0-

Hugs to the Cow and the Rats too 0/0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Howzit Mel 0/*

Glad that you found the time to catch up X#X

I can’t remember what I wrote but I had a “bunny chow” which is basically hot curry stuffed into a half loaf of bread. It’s big in KZN. I didn’t want to seem rude hence chowed it, but shouldn’t have as it sets off my stomach ulcers :O^

The grass was longer than we had experienced on our previous 4 April trips and that immediately got me negative about sightings and we did find it more of a mission to see stuff.

The huffing and puffing. =O: The Cow can issue a greasing when she wants and with me that seems to be fairly often while in KNP which probably has something to do with my lack of control at certain sightings and my lack of patience for stupidity. 0: The rats have “fisty cuffs” almost every day. 3 teenage girls squashed in the back seat never ends peacefully, especially when there’s a major sighting and they are fighting for a single window.

The 8th……..We made name strutting around in our AW attire and you guys weren’t even there =O: =O:

Yes, we got 3 live leopard cubs and 1 dead this trip which is more than previous trips. :-?

Dressing up for animals…….some think Kruger is a fashion parade spot 0-

Thanks again for checking this out and send my regards to the SO \O

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”