Kruger vs. Exam Blues

Blommie

Kruger vs. Exam Blues

Post by Blommie »

(Click on pic to enlarge)
On 21 May I wrote one off the hardest papers ever...climbed in the bakkie and must have looked like I felt. Pity was taken upon me and the parents decided a quick trip to KNP would revive my ailing sprit.

Kudu Bull on H2-2

Baboons on H2-2, area burnt down but these fellows do look relaxed.

BRAAIBROODTJIES :D with Skaaptjoppies at Pretoriuskop

Ship Mountain (622) as seen from the H1-1 the burnt area from Voortrekker road had jumped the tar road to the north, I don't know how far it has burnt to the North and East?

On S11 (not numbered on kruger general map book) Napi loop my mother had a feeling we'd see something....we approached slowly so not to scare whatever was down the road...two...at least 500m away

two male cheetah...I know their boys wait for it...

the day was made and it wasn't even past eight o'clock
saw lost of Kudu lost of Kudu calfs

on the S65 (a man from East London and his wife told us at Transport dam they saw big Male Lion on S65)

on the H1-2 ID? anyone. The Maroela Loop was loveley (as always) missed a Leopard (at the entrance to the maroela loop) by a minute...next time

Bull on the H4-1 past Nkuhlu

and then this baby...would have missed it if Mother hadn't stopped me :D

she hid him on purpose

Big herd of Buffalo just past Lower Sabie towards Croc Bridge..I always want to follow the Sabie river when turning south

And ended a trip along S28 with these female lion on Gezantfombi (H4-2) this is not the first time we've found lion here, but i like this spot too :D

with a reward like this I'd write exams any day :D
Over and out Blom
Last edited by Blommie on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sprocky

Re: Kruger vs. Exam Blues

Post by Sprocky »

Hey Blom...what do you mean "over and out"? You just got going! O/

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Blommie!

Great cheetah sighting and wow what a herd of buffalos :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^ \O

0()

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

\O some spectacular sightings and pictures :D

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Blommie, welcome and congrats on starting your first TT!! \O Notice I said "starting" //\0-- ...you must have more pics and stories to share with us!!! \O

Blommie

Post by Blommie »

Hi, Sprocky, Lisbeth, Nan, Flutterby and Mel :)

Thank you for the compliments :) I'll post more frequently as soon as my exams are done...next week 5 June...can not wait...freedom.
regarding this trip, the sun really did glow that orange huge and the Cheetah sighting is on my list of best...from now on if i'm anywhere near Napi loop I'll be watching for them :)

I want to do a "wild life in my garden" report (watch this space) I know we have mongoose, Loerie, burchell's coucal, mamba(s), one otter a year ago :) vervit monkeys
they drive the Ridge back crazy...the Canon will go on a walk around the garden next week.

Mooi bly ;)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Good luck with your exams, Blommie and your new story sounds very exciting. I am looking forward to read it on our new forum, which opens tomorrow \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

I cross the fingers for you Blommie Image

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Poplap

Post by Poplap »

Hiya Blommie, great TT! And today is 5 June O/\ O/\ O/\ , which means you have no excuse to continue what you started - including the new TT about wild things in and around your garden. \O \O I trust that you have passed with flying colours. ;-)

Four of the big Five?? Say what??!! Plus 5 of the Big 7? (Jealous smilie). Great pics (although the size is a bit too small for Tannie), and male cheetahs marking their territory. Awesomeness! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ Ship Mountain in the mist is also great.

I see you've asked for an ID re the skink. Regrettably the pic is too small, as I can't see the scales (if any) or other trait markings, but based on the colouring, I would go for a Sundevalls Writhing Skink.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein
Amoli

Post by Amoli »

;-) Blommie - tannie Poplap is right. We are looking forward to your Canon Garden Trails... ^Q^

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”