Touring the South with 5 1/2 Navigators*

Amoli

Re: Touring the South with 5 1/2 Navigators

Post by Amoli »

Lis - put the old popcorn out for takers - I'll make some fresh ones for the weekend... \O :lol: 0()

Dewi - thanks for staying with us. ;-)

Mel - I think I have packed everything now - your can let the courier in to take the manuscripts -O
I will post the last delivery on our new forum.... z0z OiO

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

great photos \O \O

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Amoli

Post by Amoli »

I promised myself before posting my final delivery that my Dec/Jan camping holiday would be planned, booked, and paid for.
With that done now, I can continue…….. ;-)

Day 6 – Kruger Gate – Lake Panic – Skukuza - Malelane Gate.

Around the camp fire the previous night, our neighbors told us the road to Kruger Gate was alive with wild.
They saw Leopard, lion, wild dog, elephant and buffs. :D Guess where we planned our quick final trip early next morning. O/\

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:-? :-? :-?

We saw nothing… even at idling speed. O**

A quick stop at Lake Panic offered us the opportunity to say goodbye to BH and HB.

BH - On our last stop at Lake Panic, as we were getting out of the car, there was a Nyala in the trees very close to the car park.
Right next to the fence along the path, there were several bush-buck as well. It’s about the most game I have ever seen at Lake Panic apart from the hippos and other usual inhabitants of the area.
I did learn a lot from the experience and look forward to the next one. Next time we'll spend more time there and do less travelling for sure.

We spent some time at Lake Panic waiting for the sun to dry our tents. I tried my skills on the Goliath Heron…. Still needs some practice. \O

We sat enjoying the peace and quietness – watching the hippo wake and birds catching the sun rays.

At this stage I had said goodbye to Flutterbye, Lowveldboy, Bunnyhugger and Honey and Just Nature sped past on his way up north. Bye… O\/

JN - …travelled the main road as it would be the quickest route to Tamboti. We stopped in at Tshokwane for lunch and were entertained by the baboons in the vicinity, I watched as people throw rubbish in the bins and make sure it is closed just to have the baboon push and pull till it is open

At the campsite we found Leachy had already left…. Bye……. O\/

And Richprins had left a note :
RP - Punda will be good for the birds, and now is a fantastic time of year to go!
Now you tell me….. 0- Bye. O\/

Thank you to my 5.1/2 navigators for allowing me to ride on your experience and knowledge.
This has been an unforgettable trip. Being my first ever trip ‘alone’, I felt safe with you peeps to accompany me. 0/0

On our way to Malelane Gate our road presented some warthog….and thought to myself....mmmm, I'll be showing you my behind in a few minutes... -O

And Zebra…

And our last sighting was also very special….. Impala..

At Afsaal we spent some time with a forumite before crawling out of the park.
I am not sure whether others have this same feeling.
On your way to a gate, your mind starts working -overtime…..
if I do this loop, I will make home before midnight, or if I go this-a-way round, or thataway… or……. Ei

Due to the length of my report I will post a sighting here during our visit.

We saw a rhino and baby grazing some way into the bush.
The road was quiet and we were discussing the differences between white and black rhino.
We watched the mommy break off the grass and then lift her head, just making sure where we were, and where her baby was.

Another vehicle approached from the front and the baby rhino went in hiding behind a bush….. wow, I was amazed.
My imagination kicked in and I was forming my own little story…. 0-

The vehicle saw the mommy rhino – took a pic and left. As the sound of the diesel engine faded into the distance, the baby came out and nudged the mommy….. Ma, are we safe?

She looked up and replied : We are safe…. The click, clicking sound you hear, are messages of love.

Ja, I didn’t see :
leopard,
or wild dogs,
or kori busted,
or secretary bird

- but I could gather armsful of peace and love in the grasslands and bushes. ^Q^ ^Q^

I want to chorus in with BH and Honey……
I once again realize that it is indeed a privilege to spend time in such an unbelievable place as Kruger. It is truly amazing to see the creative handiwork of the Divine Creator of all creatures great and small.

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”