My 2014 Kruger Highlights

Heksie

My 2014 Kruger Highlights

Post by Heksie »

Looking through my photos this last few weeks I was astounded by how ‘lazy’ I was on the forum… I religiously wrote trip reports after each trip but seeing how loooong it took me to write my December Kruger tripping tale (I think just about 11 months) I thought long and hard and decided not to do another trip report, BUT, instead catch up on all the trips I haven’t shared with you guys and gooi my December trip in there as well. So this will be a mengelmoes of all my trips from 2013 until my last trip that ended Jan 2015. Just some information about the trips that I have had:

Sept 2013 Lower Sabie (3 nights)
March 2014 Skukuza (2 nights)
April 2014 Skukuza (2 nights)
July 2014 Tambotie (1 night)
Sable Hide (1 night)
Punda Maria (2 nights)
Tsendze (2 nights)
Lower Sabie (1 night)
Dec/Jan 2014 Sabie Park (15 nights)

It has been one helluva year with amazing sightings and great get togethers and a lot of braais and too many Amarula sundowners to count but it would not be complete if I didn’t share some moments with you…
This will be a bit more of a photographic tale, but some photos will definitely have a story behind it…
So sit back, relax, and enjoy my Kruger highlights…

18-23 March Sabie Park

8 -11 July Tsendze
12-15 July Satara

30 Sept-4 Oct Lower Sabie

27 Dec-7 Jan Satara
Heksie

Re: My 2014 Kruger Highlights

Post by Heksie »

Episode 1 Mense en hul dinge (people and their stuff/habits)
I just can’t get the right words for you English folks…

Now I can’t describe my utter disgust, annoyance, frustration, hatred… and I can go on about the human behaviour in the Park. Every year the amount of roadkill I see increases especially over December/January and then the always complained about speedsters (which I have no reason why they are there in the first place). But not to forget the very special people that climbs out of their vehicles whenever and wherever they want not respecting the animals at all, which spoils the whole sighting for everyone as sometimes the animals leave the scene then. There are so much more to add but I’m not here to moan and groan, a lot, so here is a few kiekies of the people that makes our blood boil.

I have to start with these type of sightings, there need to be a build up… to some amazing sightings, once in a lifetime sightings and sightings people would give anything for. Believe me guys, I will not disappoint.

A roadblock (one thing people hate to wait in, but I can honestly say that everytime the people will well behaved and within 20 minutes I could see the animal and then move on) I was with one sighting one of those hoggers that people hate but you will have to read the story behind it (stay tuned for a later episode) then you will understand…

Dec 2014

Sept 2013

Sept 2013

Then some people that don’t read the information pamphlet about not climbing out of your car or hanging out for some sightings… or just climbing out because they feel like it?

Dec 2014

Dec 2014-at a leopard sighting

Dec 2014-where we parked were 3 hyenas

July 2014-had a lekker altercation with these okes, didn't believe that you are not allowed to climb out on the H12 bridge

Then another no-no in the Park is feeding animals, saw people throwing naartjies out of their car for these hornbills. We wonder why baboons and vervets are such a nuisance in the picnic spots?

July 2014

On the sad side, this is something that a human being caused, this is not something that you want to see in Park but it is a reality we are living in. This was reported by my friend I informed on 31 December, we also saw him on 1 January on a nightdrive from Kruger Gate with the wire still intact. I just hope that something was done about this…

Then one a lighter side, nothing is safe when hyenas are out and about… I saw them with this traffic cone walking up the road. It was placed at Delaporte dam for the construction of the new bridge…

Jan 2015

Now that I am over my negativity, I’m happy to inform you that there will only be animals from now on…
To be continued…

18-23 March Sabie Park

8 -11 July Tsendze
12-15 July Satara

27 Dec-7 Jan Satara
dup

Post by dup »

Go man go, got sympathy for your problem/ plan because I got the same situation. O/
That Hyena with the traffic cone .......he got a plan.. :-0

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Hello, Seksie! X#X

Was in Skuks over New Year's ! 0*\
Looking forward!

Ja, that hyena carrying off the cones...the road directions were disrupted at DeLaporte, almost drove off the cliff there! lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Heksie

Post by Heksie »

Richprins wrote:Hello, Seksie! X#X

Was in Skuks over New Year's ! 0*\
Looking forward!

Ja, that hyena carrying off the cones...the road directions were disrupted at DeLaporte, almost drove off the cliff there! lol
We were at Sabie Park, had a quiet chicken sosatie braai with some cheese and tomato braaibroodjies... Enjoying amarula in the bush with only crickets, owls and the wind as background music. I wouldn't wish for anything else...

18-23 March Sabie Park

8 -11 July Tsendze
12-15 July Satara

27 Dec-7 Jan Satara
Heksie

Post by Heksie »

dup wrote:Go man go, got sympathy for your problem/ plan because I got the same situation. O/
That Hyena with the traffic cone .......he got a plan.. :-0
Dup I believe the cone is a great chew toy for the youngins' ;-)

18-23 March Sabie Park

8 -11 July Tsendze
12-15 July Satara

27 Dec-7 Jan Satara
dup

Post by dup »

If you permit me ...just a short story about hyena and red things.
Some time ago we had a building project in the Timbavati.We lived in the bush and was still manufacture bricks for the building part.Every night the hyena's come and visit until one night one of them get hold of the workers pair of red plastic gloves. Now everybody will tel you that plastic gloves ,heat and sweat result in a very promising smell.
Well for the next few days we could easy tell the area our hyena was visiting as his droppings have nice small red plastic pieces.
Conclusion: don't let anything outside and plastic is not digested by hyena's .

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:shock:

Interesting, dup! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

we can't change people :X:
did they really read what they sign 0*\

it's certainly the reason why I don't no more go to Kruger :no:

thank you Heksie, ready for the suite ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

0()

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Bushcraft