special moments

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: special moments

Post by Mel »

Saddle-billed storks are definitely very smart-looking birds! ^Q^
Lovely riverview as well. O:V

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Post by Toko »

Love the Grysbok O/\ O/\ O/\ and you managed some scenic photos O:V O:V O:V

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely shots! \O We've just booked 2 nights at Shingwedzi in April and I can't wait to do the S56 again! O:V

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Fantastic scenery pics ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Grysbok O:V

Bush Brat

Post by Bush Brat »

Awesome pics! ^Q^
Grysbok! O/\

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

To my opinion the riverbed changed already compared to last February only shortly after the floods - Gladly most of the trees along the tar road leading to the entrance gate of Shingwedzi survived \O

Love your grysbok, saddlebilled-stork and pytilia X#X

The Mphongolo loop is also one of our favourites in that area as well

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Heksie

Post by Heksie »

Just love your grysbok, can enjoy them for hours, I always stay with them until they disappear.
ANd a great kiekie of the pytilia ^Q^

18-23 March Sabie Park

8 -11 July Tsendze
12-15 July Satara

30 Sept-4 Oct Lower Sabie

27 Dec-7 Jan Satara
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your lovely comments \O ^0^ ^0^

The following morning I left Shingwedzi and headed southwards towards Olifants. Before I turned into the S50 I had a last look on the destroyed low level bridge behind the camp which used to be one of my favourite spots in the whole park. I hope the day will come soon when I can stand on this bridge again!

The firsat km's along the river were very quiet but suddenly I heard a loud ROAR behind me. It took a while but then I found the individual that was rsponsible for this amazing sound. It was a nice male lion who made clear that only he was the king of this area :O^

He was much farer away than many other lions I saw during this trip but this was a very impressive animal and his roaring was immense! When I finally left him it was time again to look at the smaller animals like these Bee-eaters and enjoy the beautiful landscape.

Not far behind the Hide there used to stand a beautiful Fevertree where I always had a short stop but this day I had to realize that this lovely tree has fallen :-( I wonder what has caused te death of this tree :-?

I was curious to see what awaited me at Grootvlei. There was lots of water but not many animals around. So I took a pic of some Storks that were flying high above me.

Of course I also made a last visit to Tihanganyani to see if the lionswere around again. But today the waterhole had no visitors at all...So I arrived sooner than I thought in the Mopani area and before I had lunch in the camp (fantastic as always!!) I checked the Shipandani bridge again. No Elephants this time but this beautiful dragonfly also was very entertaining. Especially if you want to take a pic of her...

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Nice sightings...we'll be there in two weeks!! O:V

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Flutterby wrote:Nice sightings...we'll be there in two weeks!! O:V
Lucky you O/\ O/\ Would be great if the bridge behind the camp can be used again as it always produced great bird sightings for me when I was there in April/May (when there was water)!

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”