https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Flutterby

Re: special moments

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely pics! \O

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Wow an osprey and the albino impala :shock: ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ I have never seen either in KNP

Great pics ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Simpl love to watch bathing elephants and indeed you forget everything when watching them \O \O \O

Thanks flying cheetah 0()

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

The wait was well worth it ^Q^ Love your bathing ellies photos. O:V

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Heksie

Post by Heksie »

Great sighting at Klopperfontein, those ellies can be very entertaining if they want to ^Q^
I saw that albino imp in Nov 2013 can't believe that he is still alive and well O/\
Great pics fc \O

18-23 March Sabie Park

8 -11 July Tsendze
12-15 July Satara

30 Sept-4 Oct Lower Sabie

27 Dec-7 Jan Satara
Bush Brat

Post by Bush Brat »

Great pics fc! ^Q^

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I never get tired of elephants O/\ O/\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for commenting here again \O ^Q^ \O
@Heksie: I als saw this Impala in Nov 13 (15th), he seems to be either very clever or lucky or both O:V

If you loved the bathing Elephant bull I'm sure you will also like the following pics.
When I finally left Klopperfontain I headed to Punda for lunch and for a visit of the Hide in te camp. Lunch was very nice (as always in Punda) but the Hide produced nothing this time. Maybe it was wvwn too hot and the animals waited for the afternoon before they were willing to leave the shade. I drove back and somewhere near the junction with the S58 I came upon a pool that I never noticed on former trips. Maybe the years before there was no water in it. This time there was water and a herd of enthusiastic Ellies with many youngsters. The show they gave me reminded me to the behaviour of little children who go crazy in the water. And like children the young Ellies made a lot of noise. I never saw something like that before O/\ O/\ There also was a cow with a very young calf and of course the calf wanted to join the others in the water. But Mom simply said no and with her trunk she directed the calf away from the others. Probably a very good decision because the wild action of the other Ellie kids could have been dangerous for the baby :O^
My only problemwas an Elephant bull on the other side of the road who was around 30 meters away from me and I always had to keep an eye on him. But the bull was very calm and only interested in feeding and he totally ignored the action in the pool. Here are some pics of this great sighting:

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The ellies sure look as if they are having fun O\/ O\/ A couple of pics are hilarious ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”