Kruger Through the Years with my Dad

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Kruger Through the Years with my Dad

Post by Lisbeth »

The Daisy Maloo is lovely -O

Must be quite a job to scan all the pics. I hope that your scanner is faster than mine :O^ -O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Awesome again Flutts ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

I had a laugh at Chick's names =O: =O:

My old man has hundreds of these type pics, but they are all on projector slides, so I need to figure out how to convert them :-?

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Lovely pics Flutterby. I can also remember going in one year and the lions looked terrible. I think there was a problem with foot and mouth from buffalo kills.

I can smell that breakfast from here.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Bushcraft wrote:My old man has hundreds of these type pics, but they are all on projector slides, so I need to figure out how to convert them
Hey B.C. - I do believe that one can get a slide scanner for scanning slides onto your P.C. - Better get busy.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Who's buying the scanner STF :-? :-? I need to con the Bullet it would be a good thing for him to have O** =O: --00--

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

BC, my dad also has slides which I have converted but not using anything fancy. I taped a piece of white paper over a lamp, stuck the slide on the paper and then got up close and photographed the slide with my camera...obviously the lamp must be on. ;-)

Here are some...not bad I think. ;-)

Image :twisted:

I used normal photocopy paper but if I had used a smoother piece of white paper, there wouldn't be that grain in the sky.

Recognise Hluhluwe?

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Those animal names Chick invented crack me up. But the best is Daisy Maloo =O: =O: =O:

And you're not lying ( ;-) ) - another beautifully maned Lion ^Q^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Sprocky wrote:
Flutterby wrote:Chick cooking breakfast – he was never to be seen without a Castle in his hand!
My type of person!! X#X \O
You like a beer or ten? -O \O
Lisbeth wrote:Must be quite a job to scan all the pics. I hope that your scanner is faster than mine :O^ -O
It was quite a job - but on our scanner you can chose what quality you want, so obviously the better quality the longer it takes. ;-)
steamtrainfan wrote:Lovely pics Flutterby. I can also remember going in one year and the lions looked terrible. I think there was a problem with foot and mouth from buffalo kills.
Maybe it was the same thing then. \O
Mel wrote:And you're not lying ( ;-) ) - another beautifully maned Lion ^Q^
Told you. ;-)

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Flutterby wrote:BC, my dad also has slides which I have converted but not using anything fancy. I taped a piece of white paper over a lamp, stuck the slide on the paper and then got up close and photographed the slide with my camera...obviously the lamp must be on.
Jislaaik Flutterby - Talk about making a plan. Your scans of slides have come out great. ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Hey B.C. - Thought you could manage to buy one with the small change in your pocket O** O** O**

nan

Post by nan »

what a superb picture of the cook -O ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”