Looking back *

flying cheetah

Looking back *

Post by flying cheetah »

My next trip to Kruger is only 6 weeks away now and until the trip starts I will try to post one pic every day of my visit last November.
I had some very nice sightings and I think it's time now to share some of the best moments with you..

I want to start with this beautiful Sable bull, seen on the S36 :-)

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
Toko

Re: looking back

Post by Toko »

0/* flying cheetah

Great pic of the Sable. ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ Is it the S36 herd or a loner?

0= With Sable sightings one pic is not enough ;-) 0() more please [O]

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you everybody for your kind feedback \O
@Toko: it was the S36 herd and I saw them 2 times at around 8 in the morning. It seems that's the time when they are resting and both times I could watch them for nearly an hour (most of the time on my own)!! Here are 3 more pics of the Sables:

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your replies! I had all my Sable sightings on the S36 and I guess I always saw the same herd :-)

Today I want to show you 3 bird pics. It was a special sighting for me because it was the first time after a few visits to Kruger that I saw African Green-Pigeons. They were sitting on a tree close to the road near the Biyamiti Weir (S114) and they were not a bit shy!

Wish you all a nice weekend O/\
Last edited by flying cheetah on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your kind feedback O/\ \O
@Lisbeth: these were dfefinetely the only Green Pigeons I have seen so far, but I hope this will change in a few weeks ;-)
@Sprocky: would be great to meet you this year, I will send you a pm about my booking X#X

As it's World Rhino Day todays pic has to be a Rhino pic. This boy had had some small wounds but was very relaxed and even walked slowly towards me.
I hope he is still ok and maybe he is crossing my way again....

flying cheetah

Re: Looking back

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you Flutterby and Toko for your comments \O

Today I want to post a few pics of a Warthog family, seen on the Vortrekker road (H2-2). The pics show how hard even a tiny piglet has to fight to get its share at the milkbar :shock:

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all fore your posts here O/\ O/\

Today I want to show you some pics of a Bateleur who picked up something from the road (S36).
I'm not sure if the Eagle has killed something or if he/she picked up a roadlill and I also have no idea what animal the prey was ...
Maybe someone of you has an idae :-?

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Great take off shot \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your kind comments O/\

One of my favourite places in Kruger is the low level bridge behind the Shingwedzi camp. During the last visits I had many wonderful bird sightings here including Kingfishers, Raptors, Herons and Storks. This time I was lucky with a bird which I never saw so close before..an African Openbill. This bird also picked up something from the water that I couldn't identify 0*\ He had it in his bill for a while before he dropped it again. Maybe he just couldn't open it or it was not that tasty -O-

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your kind words ^Q^ ^Q^

It took a while before I saw my first Scrub Hare during the day but once the spell was broken I saw at least one every visit. The best sighting of my latest trip was one early morning between Olifants and the Balule bridge (S92) when I saw these two beauties playing on the road. Finally they were chased into the bush by a Hyena O-/

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”