Mkuze - Bush Walks

Information & Discussion on Mkuze
General Gump

Mkuze - Bush Walks

Post by General Gump »

A few years back you could pay a minimal fee and go for a game walk with one of the game guards. Does anyone know if it is still on the go?
You would collect the guard at reception and drive with your vehicle, to a point in the bush, get out and go for a walk.
I experienced close ups with Black rhino on these walks.

Sprocky

Re: Mkuze - Bush Walks

Post by Sprocky »

Would be nice to hear if this is still being done.

Great to have you posting Forest!!

General Gump

Post by General Gump »

Mkuze is often overlooked as a wildlife destination, but you get less traffic and if you are brave enough to walk to the hides, some great photgraphic opportunies and bird watching, to rival many other famous parks.

Moggiedog

Post by Moggiedog »

I agree - Mkuze is a beautiful park. Although it was many years ago we visited I have heard it is still a peaceful place to visit.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Does any of you remember Jeanus from the other side, a safari manager in one of the reserves at Mkuze. He/she wrote several great stories about the safaries there (there was a boat involved too). The thread was called Jeep Jockey Jeanus. It would be nice if we could get him/her to join here and tell us about Mkuze!!

There are 2/3 different reserves and I have not found an e-mail that I could use, but maybe I can try the head office of the KZN Parks.

Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

As far as I know the walk is still on

I did it once and we saw many many birdies including lots of trumpeter hornbills but one think is a bit annouying - the moskitos so put on lots of repellents then there is nothing to worry about.

It is a great experience.

(October 2011)

Return to “Mkuze Game Reserve”