Pioneer Bird Hide S142 (Close to Mopani)

Information & Discussion on the Hides & Picnic Spots in Kruger
Toko

Pioneer Bird Hide S142 (Close to Mopani)

Post by Toko »

Pioneer Bird Hide is very close to Mopani Rest Camp and its satellite camps of Boulders Bushveld Camp and Tsendze Rustic Campsite. It’s also accessible from Shimuwini Bushveld Camp. Pioneer Bird Hide overlooks a very long and broad dam with the same name. There are only eight vehicles allowed at a time.

How to get there:
From Mopani, follow the tarred road out for 1.5 km and turn right onto the H1-6. After 2.5km, turn right onto the S142 and follow it 1.5 km. Turn right at the signpost and drive another 2 km on a very narrow dirt road.

GPS coordinates: -23.52643, 31.39768

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Pioneer Bird Hide S142 (Close to Mopani)

Post by Richprins »

Some pics by Michele Nel, 2015:

Michele Nel wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 am
Next up was Pioneer Hide..now this is when I realised that the Energetic Early bird catches the worm….or in this case the fish. Unfortunately both the Darter and the Pied Kingfisher were a fair distance away for any decent shots but it was enjoyable watching them catching their breakfast.

And let’s not forget about the birds with Egos….I mean just look at these Green-backed Herons….just full of their own importance.

And as for this Jacana ….admiring his reflection much better.

But actually when looking at my photos later on in the day I think my Ego topped that of the birds. :-) I finally have some decent Green-backed Heron photos…being an Energetic Early Bird had paid off.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6405&start=70

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Pioneer Bird Hide S142 (Close to Mopani)

Post by Richprins »

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Gates, Hides, Lookouts & Picnic Spots in Kruger”