Flutterby

Sable Hide at Twilight Club

Post by Flutterby »

-O -O

JustN@ture

Post by JustN@ture »

-O -O -O the golden knobs add a touch of "class"

Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.
Twigga

Post by Twigga »

Bushcraft wrote:O/\ O/\ It's part of my long term mission when the rats are a year older O\/ O\/ O\/ but I would sleep there with a new born baby, although the wildlife probably wouldn't enjoy it =O: =O: \O
Something to confess BC? O**

Somewhere in Kruger
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Twigga wrote:
Bushcraft wrote:O/\ O/\ It's part of my long term mission when the rats are a year older O\/ O\/ O\/ but I would sleep there with a new born baby, although the wildlife probably wouldn't enjoy it =O: =O: \O
Something to confess BC? O**
Nope O** O**

Jillinflorida

Post by Jillinflorida »

Welcome to the Sable Hide at Twilight Club.

This club is exclusively for members. To be a member you must have experienced Sable Hide At Twilight.

Please add your name to the list to become a member, and also post a short piece on your experience during your induction to the club. \O

1. Sprocky
2. Twigga[/quote]
3. Jillinflorida
4. Moggiedog

While planning our last trip to SA Moggie wrote to me and said, I've extended our stay in KNP and sent me the details. I was totally horrified. I thought she liked me - that or she was making sure I wouldn't come out again. That was also my hubby's FIRST night in KNP on his FIRST (and probably only) trip to SA. At twilight we were looking over the water. A lone elephant walking along the edge. Everything else was still. When we'd made up our beds and settled for the night I was suddenly alerted to a 'winged beast' flying over my head. We'd obviously disturbed a bird from it's nest by our lanterns. I did fall asleep eventually only to be woken in the wee hours of the night by a call of nature. I 'braved' this trip alone & as I'm moving along the raised walk way it struck me as ANYTHING could leap over this low wall and strike. Well that certainly made me move more quickly. Once in the 'facilities' - or a smelly long drop - there was a huge hole in the wall where I was convinced a leopard was going to come through and attack while I was um, well you know. Also not reassured there wouldn't be a some alien creature crawl up through the pot. I fairly ran back to the 'safety' of the hide.

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Glad you made it through the night and lived to tell the tale!! \O So, when are you going back? :twisted:

Tshukudu

Post by Tshukudu »

Sprocky wrote: This club is exclusively for members. To be a member you must have experienced Sable Hide At Twilight.
Still waiting for my invite O** O**

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Please add your name to the list to become a member, and also post a short piece on your experience during your induction to the Sable Hide at Twilight Club.

1. Sprocky
2. Twigga[/quote]
3. Jillinflorida
4. Moggiedog
5. ExFmem

We've stayed at both the Shipandani and Sable Hides and really enjoyed both of them. For us, the Sable was our least favorite, because it wasn't as removed from "civilization" and therefore lacked some of the "middle of the bush" feel. At Sable, while we were enjoying our own sundowners and watching for animals to approach, a car pulled up behind the dam part with its glaring headlights. 0' :evil: It made us somewhat uneasy, as we thought we would be the only ones out there all night, so weren't sure what was going on, not to mention it scared everything away. The car ended up parking and the people got out and stayed awhile. Naturally, there was a lot of talking going on. Poachers? Thieves? -O- 0:

Gr-r-r. It was only the night drive group, so no big deal really, but it was an unwelcome intrusion nonetheless.
We did enjoy the rest of the evening, but would stay at Shipandani in the future. Perhaps the night drive doesn't do that anymore, I don't know. -O-

nan

Post by nan »

I went several time at the hide... but not for the night :-(

so can't be a member... maybe better -O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
serval

Post by serval »

I was braaing at twilight . missed the sunset .
After driving the Nonokani eco trail I slept under the stars on the walkway leading to the braai area ( can be seen on photos above ) , I earned the right to do so by picking up about 100 cigarette ends , many bottle tops , small pieces of litter around the braai area ....

Do I qualify for the Sable Hide at Twilight Club?

Return to “Gates, Hides, Lookouts & Picnic Spots in Kruger”