Wild Card - Am I missing something?

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Bushcraft

Wild Card - Am I missing something?

Post by Bushcraft »

Sorry, I have taken this pic with my cell phone, but hopefully you can still read it.

This is from the Wild magazine winter 2010 edition.

I’m just wondering if I have missed the boat here as I’m not aware of “many new benefits” as advertised, so please could someone inform me of what these benefits are.

When this change from Infinity took place there were also many pages of promises on another forum, but under the Infinity structure I would earn close to R2000 in cash back rewards this year just in booked trips and the card cost R200 less for the family cluster, so I again ask “Have I missed something”?

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Wild Card - Am I missing something?

Post by Mel »

I'm definitely still missing my card. 0'

The service you get is just abysmal! 0=

I renewed my card when entering KTP in October 2012. Got told to update my details online
which I tried after I had got back home. Didn't work - some problem with the authorization
code. Contacted the Wild Card department and received and email with a form that I had to
print, fill in, scan, upload and send back again. Did that. Gave SanParks enough time to ship
the card to me and enquired again when I thought the card should have had arrived. Was told
that my details were incomplete. Granted, a mistake on my side. But why is there no notification
when they receive the form and don't process it because there is one box that has been overlooked?
So, I had to go through the drill again - print form, fill in, scan, upload, send. Received a
confirmation letter shortly afterwards. At least something. Tough bit is, that the letter came
on the 18th February 2013 - so almost 3 months ago!!! I've just sent a letter of complaint.
I'm so fed up with their service, or rather lack thereof. :evil: Not only do we spend a lot of
money for the International Wild Card, we also have to spend a lot of time to actually receive
a product that has been paid for over 6 months ago. 0-

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

BTW, don't email to the general Wild Card address, but rather use the below:

joep.stevens@sanparks.org

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Tx Mel.

They seem to have different policies all the time. I renewed my card over the phone and was told I didn't need a new card, my old one would just be updated. I've used it twice since then with no problems. :-?

Toko

Post by Toko »

Can't remember when we got a real card last time =O:

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Flutterby wrote:Tx Mel.

They seem to have different policies all the time. I renewed my card over the phone and was told I didn't need a new card, my old one would just be updated. I've used it twice since then with no problems. :-?
I wish they had done that for me as well. I actually have some plastic (Toko ^0^ ) but it's useless because expired. 0*\

Nyoni

Post by Nyoni »

I am not impressed with the Wild Card service. My friends came from Belgium especially to do a Kruger trip which took ages to plan and applied for a couple's Wild Card in April 2013 - almost forgot to mention 2013. On the 20th July 2013 when we entered Kruger we still hadn't received their Wild Card but fortunately I could hand them their Wild Card on 1 August 2013 when they returned to Belgium O/\ What on earth is the idea of rendering such bad service? What message is it giving to prospective overseas visitors?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It's not good enough!

But reception are used to it, and if you don't have the plastic they just need the number, and when you renew/buy they suggest storing the number on your cellphone. It works out ok in the end, especially as they mostly ask for id's anyway...

But they didn't ask on my last trip... :-?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Hi Nyoni,

That's terrible. Hope your Belgian friends were not too put off and will return soon. \O

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon. :shock:

I went to the Phalaborwa gate to renew my Wild Card as the new prices take effect as from the beginning of November. I never linked my last renewal and towards the end of the year I always had a fight at the gate, with them telling me that my card had expired. Each time I would have to give them my ID number so that they could check it for me. Each time they told me that I must link it by contacting head office. Each time I told them I refuse as I have paid already and it not my job if their system doesn't work. This always ended in an argument, leaving me grumpy before even entering the park.

Well, believe it or not, they seem to have taken my advice. When I renewed today they linked it for me without any questions and then even showed me on the monitor that it was linked. \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”