Kruger Park Staff Under Investigation after Theft

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Flutterby

Kruger Park Staff Under Investigation after Theft

Post by Flutterby »

Wildtuin-personeel ondervra ná diefstal

SEUGNET ESTERHUYSE
Donderdag 12 September 2013

Die polisie gaan die personeel verantwoordelik vir besprekings van nagritte en diegene met lopersleutels by Pretoriuskop in die Krugerwildtuin eerste ondervra nadat twee vroue daar besteel is.
Claudie Terblanche (50) van Silver Lakes in Pretoria en haar jare lange vriendin Madeleine Batt (51) van Centurion is Maandagaand in dié kamp van sowat R1 700 besteel.
Die geld is uit hul handsakke wat in hul rondawel toegesluit was gesteel terwyl hulle op ’n nagrit was.
Terblanche het hul plekke vir die rit vroeër die dag by die kamp se ontvangs bespreek.
Sy en Batt het juis besluit om hul handsakke in die rondawel te los omdat hulle gedink het dis veiliger daar.
Hul juwele was in die kluis in die rondawel toegesluit.
“Daar sal mos niemand in die rondawel kan inkom nie, veral nie as dit gesluit is nie,” het hulle gedink.
Toe die twee vroue omstreeks 21:00, ná die nagrit, terugkeer, het hulle dadelik opgemerk iets skort.
“My oog het dadelik op my handsak geval. Dít het skeef gestaan en my grimeersakkie het bo uitgesteek. Ek het dit nie so gelos nie,” het Terblanche gesê.
“Hier was iemand in die rondawel,” het sy aan Batt gesê terwyl sy haar beursie oopgemaak het.
“Al my geld was weg.”
Batt se kontant was ook skoonveld.
“Hulle het darem vir ons kleingeld gelos,” het Batt geskerts.
Terblanche het die diefstal dadelik per e-pos by die wildtuin se kliëntedienslyn en bedrogeenheid aangemeld.
Die volgende oggend het hulle die ontvangspersoneel by Pretoriuskop van die diefstal in kennis gestel en ook ’n saak by die Skukuza-polisiekantoor aanhangig gemaak.
Terblanche, wat minstens een keer per jaar wildtuin toe gaan, het gesê so iets het nog nooit met haar gebeur nie.
“ ’n Mens se privaatheid is geskend. Is jy en jou besittings dan nie veilig in die wildtuin nie?”
“Dit maak mens bang om te weet iemand kan sommer net so inkom,” het Batt gesê.
Ao. Oubaas Coetzer, woordvoerder van die Skukuza-polisiekantoor, het gesê sulke voorvalle gebeur bitter min.
“Ons probeer die wildtuin misdaadvry hou deur alle werknemers te evalueer. Ons speurtak sal konsentreer op die persone wat die rondawels skoonmaak en diegene wat ’n lopersleutel het,” het hy gesê.
Gabrielle Venter, woordvoerder van SANParke, het gesê die voorval word ondersoek.
“Ons raai alle besoekers aan die wildtuin aan om hul waardevolle besittings in die kluis toe te sluit.”

Basic translation:

Two women booked a night drive at Pretoriuskop and before leaving they locked their handbags in their rondawel. When they returned they saw there was something wrong straight away. Their bags were not how they had left them. About R1700.00 was missing from their purses. They reported the theft immediately by email to the park's client services. The next morning they reported the theft to Pretoriuskop's reception staff, and opened a case at the Skukuza police station. A spokesman for the police said they would concentrate their investigations on the staff responsible for night drive bookings, cleaning staff and those who had master keys.

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Kruger Park Staff Under Investigation after Theft

Post by Richprins »

This must be dealt with speedily and harshly, mark my words! :evil:

People go to Kruger to escape from crime, and justly so, as Kruger has an excellent record in this regard!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Twigga

Post by Twigga »

Oi O/ O/ O/

The ultimate holiday nightmare! - I feel for that 2 poor women O0 (no pun intended) ;-)

Someone has alot of explaining to do, I was just discussing with someone how I haven't been to Pretoriuskop in ages, there goes their reputation

0() 0() 0()

Somewhere in Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Anyone remember when keys for accommodation did not exis

Post by Richprins »

Ja, Penny! Good old days! X#X

There's a topic here: viewtopic.php?f=255&t=3070

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Duke

Post by Duke »

Ja RP, the days when we did not have to lock our doors in Kruger, wait a minute , there were no keys to any of the units.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja Duke...you just had a bolt from the inside so that you could be naughty... =O:

PennyinSA

Post by PennyinSA »

We always said it was the safest place in the World! There again with armed insurgents running around slaughtering our wildlife I am not so sure any more about anything. I wonder if we will be informed of this on the other forum or whether it would be considered a no no to even mention it?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I don't think it will be on the other forum, Penny...bad PR... ;-)

But not our problem here! \O

Tent dweller

Post by Tent dweller »

The theft from one of the units in Pretoriuskop is disgusting. In my opinion it was an "insider" because how did the perpetrator get access to the unit without "breaking in"? How did the perpetrator know that the unit would not be occupied at that time? This topic is on the other forum but nobody is saying much because most people do know what "could" have happened but do not want to actually come out and say it. Some people have suggested that we now lock all our valuables in our cars and the next crime to hit the Kruger will most probably be car theft or even car hijacking, crime was bound to hit the Kruger because for some people it is a way of life no matter where they are, these sort of stories spoil the reputation of the Kruger, we have been going to the Kruger for many years and we are always careful about our valuables but we are also not that careful, why should we go to the Kruger and have to feel like we do when we are living in the big city that we have tried to escape from for a few weeks? It is a very sad day for Pretoriuskop as well as the Kruger to read such negative things :-( 0= :shock: :shock: O-/ :evil: :evil:

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”