Concerts in National Parks

Information and Discussion on Proposed Events in National Parks
Toko

Re: Concerts in National Parks

Post by Toko »

National Parks should be about nature experience. 0: Sports and cultural events or business meetings are not compatible with protected areas :O^

Mokala Concert in the Bush
In April 2015 the spectacular surrounds of Mokala National Park will host a concert by Chris Chameleon, one of South Africa's most acclaimed singers. It promises to be a memorable experience, with Chris's music complementing the beautiful setting.

It promises to be an unforgettable evening under the stars. On 18 April 2015 singer Chris Chameleon will perform under an imposing camel thorn tree in Mokala National Park.

Situated about 70km southwest of Kimberley, Mokala National Park is a place of big skies where rare antelope graze under camel thorn trees. (Mokala is the Setswana name for camel thorn.) It is in this pristine setting that a special concert will be held.

Aside from the nod to nature in his name, Chris Chameleon is someone who loves the outdoors. "When we approached him about the concert, he immediately agreed," says honorary ranger Elsa van Staden. "He said it sounded like a unique experience."

The Concert in the Bush is a fundraising initiative of the SANParks Honorary Rangers: Free State Region. The money will be used for conservation projects in Mokala, a park that is home to endangered species such as tsessebe, roan antelope and sable antelope.

nan

Post by nan »

or i's a wild park... or a place for big meetings :shock:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

As much as I appreciate the Hon Rangers' activities to raise money for endangered species -
why not hold such a concert in Kimberly, for example, where lots of people have better access to it than in the park itself.

How is that done anyways... Do you need an overnight booking to attend or are you issues a special permit against a special price
to be able to stay in late...

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

The money will be used for conservation projects in Mokala, a park that is home to endangered species such as tsessebe, roan antelope and sable antelope.
A concert in a game park can only do damage :-? and then throw in the conservation bit :-? rather ironic O**
Last edited by Bushcraft on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

0-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I quite enjoyed the idea of the classical music in Kruger...this should be a bit different, but if Kris is willing?

Better not to look a gift horse in the mouth?

A bit suspect of some HR's, though... :-(

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

0*\ O-/ 0- :X:

nan

Post by nan »

all in Mopani 0*\ O-/

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Sporting (and other events) in National Parks”