Information and Discussion on Development Plans in National Parks
Richprins
Committee Member

SANParks Tourism Investment Summit 2017

Post by Richprins »

Here are all the new ideas..

Click on "catalogue"

https://www.sanparks.org/about/events/t ... summit.php

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: SANParks Tourism Investment Summit 2017

Post by Richprins »

Orpen Hotel also on the cards, as predicted. The only one missing really is Punda Maria Hotel? -O-

And lots of tenders for other National Parks, not my baby! 0*\

We at least got Kruger CEO to agree to stakeholder meetings in the major SA metropoles regarding the 10 year development plan starting this year. A few meetings have already happened around Kruger's borders with local communities.

These huge potential developments should be part of the public participation in the longer term, not "rubber stamped" before the big meetings! O/

Not playing fair at all!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Our national parks are not only about the conservation of fauna and flora. They are also important catalysts
for economic development. As government, we will continue to look for partners in the establishment of
responsible new products for sustainable development and tourism growth while at the same time, and
more importantly, ensuring that our fauna and flora in our national parks are conserved.
In Italian we say " You can not have the barrel full and your wife drunk" 0*\ Certain things just don't go together :no:

Who is the CEO of Sanparks:
CV_Bureau_2015_AF_Fundisile_Mketeni.pdf
(145.08 KiB) Downloaded 754 times

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Mobile Spa/Wellness Centre
The beauty of nature heals, restores and energises tired bodies and minds. The opportunity
exists for a mobile spa/wellness unit for use in a variety of camps (dependent on demand).
SANParks would allocate a tranquil area in or in close proximity to the camp/s where this
unique product may be offered. The operator can market this activity from the various camps
in the KNP. As there is already a spa in Skukuza, the product will be limited to main and
bushveld camps north of and including Satara.
That's a good reason for going to Kruger =O: =O: =O: =O: =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
nan

Post by nan »

... or to forget O-/

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
All-Nature

Post by All-Nature »

Richprins wrote:These huge potential developments should be part of the public participation in the longer term, not "rubber stamped" before the big meetings! O/ Not playing fair at all!
0*\ :-( O/

:-? Will all stakeholders understand these development plans! -O- ..... (or provided in layman's terms)! -O-

“Adopt the pace of Nature Her secret is patience”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I had a look at the link last night already and must say when you look at the amount of planned developments all over the parks in total and individually for specific parks,
you really wonder if they can be a success at all. It all seems way too much for a wildlife reserve to offer the activities suggested in that brochure. Maybe I'm totally yesteryear
but I don't see people enjoying game viewing and activities like spa treatments, quad biking, hot air ballooning and all the others that were listed at the same time. Having just
returned from a holiday with first-timers who do enjoy their pool time and their reading time as well, I'm certain that they rather leave the park if they were bored with
watching the animals and do something altogether than staying in Kruger and making use of planned facilities. My example are people who wouldn't mind staying in a hotel or
lodge in Kruger because they don't know any different. But they would not like idea of being pampered, so we're back to self-catering. And there lies the problem, in my opinion:
The offered accommodation in Kruger is worn and not particularly inviting, but extremely expensive - especially compared to other places all over SA. Hence there is no reason to stay
for a two week holiday and occupy yourself in the activity hubs in case you're done with the quiet time. You just pack up and leave and do your stuff elsewhere while staying in cheaper
yet nicer chalets / doubles / etc.

Obviously, the offer to apply for those activity outlets is happening. But I really wonder if there are enough qualified experts to fill all the voids that (only) the SanParks Management
seems to see for their parks.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

With big developments it is people from outside come with proposals, I think? And then the tender fun starts... O**

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Ja, I know. But they come with proposals for the people staying inside. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for SP to get involved. -O-

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The important thing is to make money and when it comes to that, anything goes 0*\

Return to “Proposed Developments in National Parks”