Planned Developments in the Kgalagadi - General Discussion

Information and Discussion on Development Plans for Kgalagadi
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: EIA for the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park

Post by Mel »

0/* Tina - thanks for the update!
I do wonder though about the Uri building being meant to commence in January...
So far, nothing has been heard again regarding ut the EIA and it's interesting that there is talk
about work to begin soonish. 0'

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Toko

Post by Toko »

Does perhaps not require EIA if it is only one unit.

It's not "construction of resorts, lodges or other tourism accommodation facilities that sleep 15 people or more"

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

I would like to think it's part of the summary Tina quoted from you. -O-

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Bushveld Jock

Post by Bushveld Jock »

H. erectus wrote:It will suit me fine to see that lot fast asleep on the "brickwork"
HE as long as it is not a road that results in closure of certain section. It took them 40 months to upgrade a 25 km gravel road. Unfortunately they did complete the 60 km tar road from Molopo lodge to the park in 5 years time and after that all the extra camps came. Progress makes travelling easier, increase visitors demand, but also take away the character away the park had before.

Years before our first visit when I was a kid my parents only knew about KZN parks and Kruger and I can add so did the majority of people in SA. Only a few scientist and adventurous soul headed to the park along the gravel road from Kuruman / Upington in the 70's. After the R360 tar road was completed in the 1980's or was it 1990"s it made travelling easier, yet very few people knew about this park that was proclaimed in 1931 only 5 years after Kruger. The last 60 km of gravel put off a lot of people to visit again.

Well today we have tar roads to the park from Gaborone or Upington and more and more wants to visit. So far the availability of fresh water prevented large scale development, but if they can resolve that I wander what next. -O-

Kgalagadi: Dec 2015
KNP Maroela, Shingwedzi & Pretoriuskop: March 2016
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Bushveld Jock wrote: So far the availability of fresh water prevented large scale development, but if they can resolve that I wander what next.
As far as I can understand, the basin upon which this park is situated,
seems a bottomless tank of supply,..attaching demand will be no problem!!

Heh,.. H.e

Return to “Proposed Developments, KTP”