New Picnic Sites, Rustic Camp and Lodge in KTP Planned

Information and Discussion on Development Plans for Kgalagadi
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: New Picnic Sites, Rustic Camp and Lodge in KTP Planned

Post by Lisbeth »

It's a costly affair and with all the devellopmments the have on their hands, it might not be happening any soon.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Now the tenders for contractors are up!

http://www.sanparks.org/groups/tenders/ ... lagadi.php
http://www.sanparks.org/docs/groups_ten ... to-bid.pdf
CI-KH-0024: Construction of Dawid Kruiper Rest Camp in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
South African National Parks (SANParks) hereby invites professional service providers to submit a bid for the construction of Dawid Kruiper Rest Camp in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.

http://www.sanparks.org/groups/tenders/ ... lagadi.php
CI-KH-0025/IP5: Construction of seven (7) Camp sites and guide unit at Craigh Lochardt and two (2) picnic sites in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
South African National Parks (SANParks) hereby invites professional service providers to submit a bid for the construction of seven (7) camp sites and guide unit at Craigh Lochardt and two (2) picnic sites in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Oh sugar... They are getting serious about it now 0*\

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Before govt. money totally dries up... O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

Another circus in the making /ou/

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Its a water scarce area ...and far too overcrowded now ...but someone needs the Tenders thats all that matters ..At least I knew that Park in the 1960's , 70s and early 80s when it was a true Wilderness area

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

KTP with more traffic on the few roads that there are is going to be not at all attractive :no:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Sooooo... Batulama, Montrose, Kamqua and 14th waterhole were demolished and new waterholes were created, closer to the road and all waterholes pretty much look the same now. They're round to oval and pretty flat. For Kamqua and Batulama small loops were created so you can get close to the waterhole. But there is space for actually one car if you want good photos. Two if you are nice enough to share and are happy to get okay photos. I don't wanna imagine what's going to happen when there is something exciting to see. Probably not long before people drive over the vegetation and flatten it out. Like they did at 13th and 14th waterhole...

And that is something that we've been wondering about every time we passed 14th. And it was very often since we stayed at Uri for quite a few nights. What happened is that they basically took down the old (charming) waterhole (where there is still lots of water because of a leak in the pipe O** ) at a location where cars had already created a large parking area where once only was a small one. They then moved the waterhole further north into the loop and now you can conveniently park in the shade underneath some trees. Similar to the Kwang waterhole. That in turn means more vegetation has been destroyed in order to create that parking off area... And once again I wonder how long it'll take before the whole thing gets widened by cars juggling for a good position when there is something exciting to be seen.

Can't comment on developments further north than Melkvlei since we didn't have any bookings at Nossob or further north and didn't drive on that stretch accordingly.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The foresight is almost always missing, whatever they are doing and not only in the parks but all over the country. Everybody wants the instant gratification without thinking of tomorrow 0*\

Return to “Proposed Developments, KTP”