Wild Card

General Information & Discussions on South African National Parks
Peter Betts

Re: Wild Card

Post by Peter Betts »

Richprins wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm It is the same in most tourist destinations, but probably not this bad at all? Supply and demand, I'm afraid. O-/
No its just a cash Cow for the Govt to rip its citizens off ..Look at Botswana and smell the difference

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

It’s always been this way.
Foreign nationals pay way more for a wild card / conservation levy

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

I think they consider that locals have contributed via taxes already so that is why they get a lower price .... with all the revelations of late at the state capture inquiry it seems the only thing my Taxes have done is contribute to Trillions lost to corruption and bribes and backhanders and lunches and cars and luxury lifestyles - that is just one companies testimony and not event supposedly the worst of the bunch @#$ 0=

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

One should remember the HUGE contribution made by auslanders financially - from booking their plane ticket to car hire to toll fees to groceries to fuel etc. Every foreign visitor supports an SA family or two, I read somewhere?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

:yes: that very important to remember that overseas tourism is a big sector in SA GDP and employment.

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Richprins wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 am One should remember the HUGE contribution made by auslanders financially - from booking their plane ticket to car hire to toll fees to groceries to fuel etc. Every foreign visitor supports an SA family or two, I read somewhere?
Exactly!
You chaps in SA can go to any of the national parks almost on a weekend basis.
For me, a trip to SA is a major holiday. As you say, it's the plane ticket, car hire plus the extras. Won't tell you what my credit card bill was at the end of my September trip 0*\

okie

Post by okie »

Richprins wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 am Every foreign visitor supports an SA family or two, I read somewhere?
Hmmmm.......yeahhh :O^ Keep in mind that South Africa has about 40 % unemployment , and around 20 million receive/rely on government grants 0*\

Enough is enough
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Dzombo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am
Richprins wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 am One should remember the HUGE contribution made by auslanders financially - from booking their plane ticket to car hire to toll fees to groceries to fuel etc. Every foreign visitor supports an SA family or two, I read somewhere?
Exactly!
For me, a trip to SA is a major holiday. As you say, it's the plane ticket, car hire plus the extras. Won't tell you what my credit card bill was at the end of my September trip 0*\
Not really I save R 2000 per month for my Fuel Bill to Kruger and Kgalagadi (1trip each a year ) from PE so thats all the trips I can afford and when I retire its going to be cut back Big time ..I stay at Rooiputs on the Bots side as its half price to Nossob with Pensioners Discount. I have to pay Conservation Fees and NO pensioners on the Bots Side ..Wild Card doesnt work there but still half price and twice as nice

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

RP is closer to Kruger than I am to the airport 0*\

okie

Post by okie »

Peter Betts wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:03 pm
Dzombo wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am
Exactly!
Not really I save R 2000 per month for my Fuel Bill to Kruger and Kgalagadi (1trip each a year ) from PE so thats all the trips I can afford and when I retire its going to be cut back Big time ..I stay at Rooiputs on the Bots side as its half price to Nossob with Pensioners Discount. I have to pay Conservation Fees and NO pensioners on the Bots Side ..Wild Card doesnt work there but still half price and twice as nice
Yup , a single trip for us to KNP costs as Close on R25 000 ...... 0*\ Not cheap :O^

Enough is enough

Return to “South African National Parks in General”