No
35%
Yes
61%
Don't know
4%

Total votes: 23

Bushcraft

Re: POLL: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by Bushcraft »

=O: =O: =O: =O: By the face I'm pulling I'm trying to get into the local boon clan <dop>

Dzombo

Re: POLL: "Is it suitable for visitors to enter a restaurant in Sanparks barefoot?"

Post by Dzombo »

Bushcraft,

The fancy restaurant I went to for my father in laws bday didn’t have signs all over stating jacket and tie must be worn.
Perhaps when the booking was made, the member of my family was told, or maybe it’s common knowledge. I don’t know.

I think you are taking this waaaaay too personally, and reading too much into it.
You went into the golf course restaurant and you were asked to put on shoes. Maybe just accept that and move on? -O-

Once again , my 2c.

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Dzombo

You are correct, I did take it personally.

Partly because I’m fighting for those who prefer to go barefoot in a holiday destination that’s meant to promote a relaxed bush vibe and partly because I wasn’t asked to put shoes on, I was told in a hostile tone in front of my family and 4 work colleagues “Do I realise this is a golf club! Put shoes on or leave!”

Kruger is the 1 place I relax and shoes make me feel hot, bothered, claustrophobic and just generally uncomfortable, the Golf Club was “our spot” and this was around our (2 of the kids also don’t wear shoes often) 50th barefoot visit without a story and I haven’t worn shoes in Kruger for at least the last 26 trips.

I didn’t start this poll or ask for this poll, but I’m obviously going to put my experiences forward to point out how people turn their noses up at those who are barefoot and maybe there’s no scientific/medical/health/etc reason as to why they should, thereby opening their eyes, lowering their noses and influencing their vote.

I was moving on, RP influenced that subtly, but thanks for bringing me back in 0*\

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

But agreed, it's a trivial topic, I'm moving on ……...barefoot ^0^

Alf

Post by Alf »

I feel if you are barefoot or even with sandals it won't be acceptable at any golf club in any part of our country.... but people this is Kruger and they are always quickly to say: remember you are in the middle of the bush and you can't expect the same here as in any other part of the country.

So for me it should be acceptable if a person goes to the golf club barefoot or even with sandals. Shoes doesn't make you a better person or even a person with better manners. It's everyone's choice to wear or not to wear shoes.

Wonder what they would do if a bus full of people stop there all barefoot......... -O-

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Good question, Alf! ..0..

What if, for interest's sake, men went to the restaurant topless? :-?

<brr>

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

It doesn't really bother me if people walk around without shoes on, although I don't want to look at someone's feet while I'm eating (agree with RP here)! O** ^0^

BC, with regards to your statement that most people can't wait to kick their shoes off at the end of the day, I'm not one of those. I can't stand walking barefoot when I'm indoors because invariably there'll be some dust or something on the floor, and I hate that feeling on my feet. The only time I enjoy walking barefoot is on grass or at the beach. :yes:

In Rome my feet were in agony after all the walking we did on hard cobblestones. One day we were in Dolce & Gabanna and they had a very soft carpet so I took my shoes off for 1 minute to enjoy the softness. The Brat was horrified and was frantically trying to stand in front of me so no-one could see!! =O:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:-0 :-0 :-0 lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:40 am Good question, Alf! ..0..

What if, for interest's sake, men went to the restaurant topless? :-?

<brr>
=O:

I better question for those who say it's unacceptable O**

A traditional cultural day where more than feet are barefoot =O: =O: =O: Is this acceptable and if so, why is it suddenly acceptable O** O**

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Topless ladies fine? \O

Return to “South African National Parks in General”