Foreign Tourists Abandon Kruger Due to Protest Dangers on Access Roads

How to get there, road updates
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Foreign Tourists Abandon Kruger Due to Protest Dangers on Access Roads

Post by Lisbeth »

All those are single episodes, not daily happenings!

and when they happen, they end up in court.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
okie

Post by okie »

And what proof do you have that says people here do not end up in court ?

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

They police did not even turn up after having picked me up in the road 0*\ 0*\ OK, that's only a single incident, but if they do not get caught it is a bit difficult that they turn up in court. You do have a problem (one of many) in SA, whatever you say!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Yes, lots of problems here! :-(

okie

Post by okie »

One should not take one single incident as normal , even if such a single incident specifically happen to you personally .
I can also quote specific incidents that happened to me and my wife for when we travelled , not only in USA ( mugged in New York ) , but also in Europe ( robbed in Rome ) , and in Miami , someone tried to sell us drugs , and even got caught up in a shoot-out ( stuck ) in Farmington , New Mexico , but one cannot accept that as normal .
So , must we now say New York is total crime city , or Rome is just full of robbers , or Miami drugs capital of the world 0*\

But guess what , in all our travels in South Africa , nothing like that have ever happened to us 0*\

Oh , and I just remembered , that once , when we travelled in Switzerland , took the wrong turning into some village , and some guy came storming out , shouting and screaming at us , threatening to assault us with his walking stick =O:

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

okie wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 pm One should not take one single incident as normal ,
That's exactly what you quoted from Rome. And the rest from this last post are things that have happened to you.

There must be a reason why South Africa is considered a dangerous country in the whole world.

I suppose that you read the newspaper every day. There is not one day during the whole year that there has not been a crime of some kind. Look at the statistics of the murders every year in SA!

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

The kind of crime is often truly subhuman here too. Similar in other countries too, but with a far greater prevalence! will rather not expand here as it boggles the mind! There is something seriously amiss, and I put it down to attempting to apply selective 1st world discipline to a largely 3rd world population.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Richprins wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:07 pm I put it down to attempting to apply selective 1st world discipline to a largely 3rd world population.
That's what I have always thought and said \O

okie

Post by okie »

Lisbeth wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:25 pm
okie wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 pm One should not take one single incident as normal ,
That's exactly what you quoted from Rome. And the rest from this last post are things that have happened to you.

There must be a reason why South Africa is considered a dangerous country in the whole world.

I suppose that you read the newspaper every day. There is not one day during the whole year that there has not been a crime of some kind. Look at the statistics of the murders every year in SA!
Well , with all its faults , I still love my country , and I will not leave it for anything in the world :O^
And it does not matter how bad anyone , from anywhere , wants to make it :O^ That is their loss , not mine .

Enough is enough
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

There is nothing wrong with your country, Okie! It is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but you would be better off without quite a lot of people thinking that they have the right to murder, hurt, steal from other people and not only foreigners!.......and a government which has been to occupied to help themselves instead of the country!!

Return to “Travelling to and from Kruger”