KTP - Nossob Restcamp

Information and Discussion on the Camps of KTP
Mel
Global Moderator

KTP - Nossob Restcamp

Post by Mel »

Here are some photos of a chalet (CH 2) at Nossob.
As you can see in one of the photos it's unit 9a.
This unit faces the 'main road' that staff use to get to their homes
and the camp site, but that is a bit further away.

If you book a CH 2, try to avoid the 'B' units as they appearantly
don't have a window in the bedroom.

The patio.

The kitchen is equipped with two hotplates, a fridge freezer, a microwave and an electric kettle.

The kitchen table with only one chair. Chair seem to be scarce at Nossob. Originally there were
two inside and two ouside, I think.

The bedroom with window.

Bathroom with sink and toilet.

The shower in the bathroom.

I personally am not too fond of Nossob. I prefer the wilderness camps as they are
quieter. But Nossob makes a convenient stop if you head north for Grootkolk or Gharagab.
Also, there is a shop where you can get some cold drinks (non-alcoholic as well as beer and wine).

Fresh food like potato, onions etc. are hard to come by. But every time we where there, the fridge
was filled with eggs and cheese. The shop also has tinned food like vegs and corned beef or tuna.
There is also some frozen meat and wors available, but the selection is rather small. The shop is not
open roughly between 1 and 3 pm (Sorry, I don't recall the exact opening times anymore).

Also, there is a petrol station which is open all day through, but closes at around 18.30 pm.

Power is supposed to be cut off between 9.30 pm and 5.00 am each night,
but on all our stays it was more like 5.30 am before the generator was switched on again.

Nossob has a hide that can be visited any time of the day or night (if you're brave enough :twisted: )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: KTP - Nossob Restcamp

Post by Mel »

Pics from unit 10C below.

Although they are the CH2 type of chalets as well, their layout is a bit different to what I posted for 9A:
Whereas in 9A the kitchen and the bedroom are seperate rooms, in 10C only the bathroom is an extra room.
But we found 10C the best CH2 we have stayed in so far. They have in common that they are on the outskirts
of the camp with more privacy than other units.

In October 2013 we stayed in 5A which is laid out the same way as 9A. But you got a block of units to your
left (when sitting on the patio) and a direct next door neigbour only seperated by a kind of wooden poles screen.

The window on the right is the kitchen window.
Comes in handy to pass plates and stuff when you eat outside. ^Q^

There are new fridge freezers fitted by now. \O
(The water and the Castle don't come with the chalet though O** )

View from the patio

Our neighbour in the tree half left when you sit on the patio

Unit 10C is located next to Nossob's laundry, but the noise impact is bearable.

The power was switched off between 10.30 pm and roughly 5.00 am during our March stay.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

This time it happened to us: Staying for only one night at Nossob we were
stuffed into one of the B-units that have no bedroom window. 0*\

The rooms are arranged in a way that you go through the kitchen to get into the
bedroom and to get into the bathroom from there.

There is enough space in those units but I don't know how one could survive
in them in the hottest months...

As you enter the chalet - the kitchen:

Then through the bedroom:

Into the bathroom:

But to add insult to injury - this is the view from the patio:

And this is at about 2.30 pm when you would be in the camp to relax a bit:
0*\ 0*\ 0*\

Not only that you ain't got shade... To compensate for it you got the bathroom
windows from units 5A and 5C to either side of your bathroom... Nice... Not! O/

I don't know what the rest of the B-units is like, but this must be bad enough already.

nan

Post by nan »

exactly what I had in March... a nighmare 0*\ 0-

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Yes! (0!)

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

:twisted: I see the camp sites where quite empty, You should see what the view looks like in school holidays O/ O/ O/ O/

Welcome back Mel, TT IO IO IO IO 0() 0() 0() 0() IO IO IO IO 0() 0() 0() [O] [O] [O] [O] [O] [O] I want to see the Kitty's to get me in the mood , cant wait to get there with the new body I have got O\/ O\/ O\/ O\/ O\/

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

PRWIN wrote:cant wait to get there with the new body I have got O\/ O\/ O\/ O\/ O\/
What happened to your old body PRWIN...and how do you fit your head onto a new one?? :twisted: :twisted: ^0^ ^0^ ;-)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Thanks, PRWIN, but that photo was in the early afternoon - the campsite filled up nicely 0'
later on. In fact, I think Nossob was full to the rim that night. 0*\

nan

Post by nan »

Nossob, nothing was ready in January, the new hide is ok, but not enough bench
I was in unit 10 again... which is not so bad \O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Normally when I want to book Kruger or Kgalagadi I phone at 07h30 1st of the month 11 months in advance and usually get what I want. So I Never read my Diary on June 1 this week and missed my phone call to SANParks Head Office to Book 1 night camping TR then 10 Nights Pensioners Discount Nossob Premium (Own Bathroom > Covid) camp site the one right at the end to be exact so I get no light pollution (Fancy saying that at a place like Nossob but its too dangerous to stand outside in total blackness at Rooiputs) facing South for Milky way so the end one is essential. This is for beginning May 2022(No Moon Pollution). I phoned First thing yesterday morning at 08h00 (Sat Late start for them!)and it was only 5 days late = Answer ' Nossob FULLY BOOKED the WHOLE of May..That will teach me >> How I miss the 1980's just rocking up at Nossob in Prime Tourist month April to an Empty campsite and being allowed to camp anywhere with no other campers for 3 weeks year on year !! At least I experienced Nossob then .. So roll on next June 1 see you in 2023 >> No other Pensioners Month beats early May

Return to “Camps of KTP”